There are 374 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Atrain:
How did even make this team over Trent Taylor , Cowing should be the out there from now on
I have absolutely no idea.

I presume because he can supposedly run block better, which at this point I think Kyle WAY overvalues if he is wasting a roster spot for someone like Bell.
apparently Kyle said Bell has very good practices; apparently they don't translate to on field performance.
this guy doing things and hes not getting paid 30 mil is the real crime.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I can't fathom putting Bell on the field and not Cowing. Are we all stupid? We all see Cowing being good in pre-season and Bell being just Ronnie Bell. Look I like Kyle a lot but on this one he reaped what he sowed. If Kyle doesn't like Cowing, just use Conley. Conley proved in the PO last year that he could make big catches. "Bell is a good run blocker." Well with all the injuries maybe we could think first about putting solid WRs on the field to help the young QB before thinking about the running game? It's not like Bell is an incredible Run Blocker either.
Sure the players have his back but his back shouldn't have been out there on a critical play. Kyle was clueless to the personnel movement at that critical time and play. He's not coaching. Bell should never have been t'd up to hit the field on the most important play.
Trash
Originally posted by pdc20:
I can't fathom putting Bell on the field and not Cowing. Are we all stupid? We all see Cowing being good in pre-season and Bell being just Ronnie Bell. Look I like Kyle a lot but on this one he reaped what he sowed. If Kyle doesn't like Cowing, just use Conley. Conley proved in the PO last year that he could make big catches. "Bell is a good run blocker." Well with all the injuries maybe we could think first about putting solid WRs on the field to help the young QB before thinking about the running game? It's not like Bell is an incredible Run Blocker either.

Cowing is a rookie who more than likely isn't 100% regarding the scheme and bell is a better run blocker. Bell makes those catches and no one cares if cowing is on the field.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by derrickt:
apparently Kyle said Bell has very good practices; apparently they don't translate to on field performance.

This is bad coaching. Not putting your best players out there because you don't like rookies, they're in your dog house, or bc you think they had a good practice.

Game on the line and you put the guy with the worst hands in the game. That's all bad coaching on Kyle.

Cowing looked real good during preseason and Bell always looks like s**t. Kyle is a moron.
This guy was apparently the first guy to leave the locker room yesterday after the game. He's a terrible football player and a coward.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
This guy was apparently the first guy to leave the locker room yesterday after the game. He's a terrible football player and a coward.

Hopefully it's because he was told he's being cut
Originally posted by jreff22:

Cowing looked real good during preseason and Bell always looks like s**t. Kyle is a moron.

This is probably what Snead was talking about when he mentioned being unable to compete for playing time.
Game shouldn't of came down to him, but yeah he's complete garbage
This guy still on the team?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by pdc20:

Cowing is a rookie who more than likely isn't 100% regarding the scheme and bell is a better run blocker. Bell makes those catches and no one cares if cowing is on the field.
That may all be true but it doesn't explain why he was in that position over Conley.
Share 49ersWebzone