There are 294 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Why he wasnt dropped to the practice squad or cut is beyond me. He sucks in every aspect of the game

I can't believe he's on the roster. He's not roster worthy.
Has he been traded to the Olympus Mons team yet?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Shanahan gets pissed when you don't line up in the right spot.

Shanahan gets pissed when you drop the ball repeatedly.

Pick your "pissed".

I think the only reason Bell played over JC is because Kyle assumed the total mistakes would be less overall for Bell.

JC needs to be out there at least on the plays he knows the most. At the end of the day, lining up right does nothing if the outcome is negative every time the ball touches your hands.

Knowing the O is overrated for receivers IMO. You learn best by doing, so let Cowing go do it.

^^^^What he said!!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Why he wasnt dropped to the practice squad or cut is beyond me. He sucks in every aspect of the game

I can't believe he's on the roster. He's not roster worthy.

I'm a diehard Michigan fan and was hoping he would work out and it just hasn't. Unfortunately this isn't his first time dropping a pass this important. 2019 at Penn state
By definition, he's getting paid to catch the ball. Blocking, decoy, special teams, etc. are all great tangibles that can move a person's value up or down. If he's not catching the ball to meet the minimum expectations AND it is a quantifiable trend, then it's time to cut the loss. On the other hand, you don't cut unless you're for certain the next one up is at worst equal in capability but at least better in value. I really like Conley after JJ. So I guess it's the fifth, sixth and so on in the pecking order that is under scrutiny. It's curious as to what's really going on. The rookie being injured didn't help. IDK. Thoughts?
We needed to cut this guy a while ago..good to see our team has been on it lol
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm old enough to remember a young Jerry Rice dropping a TD against the Giants in the playoffs. He had a few drops his rookie year. He worked on it and we all know how he turned out. I wouldn't give up on Bell yet but he needs to work on his concentration.

Somehow I do not think Bell will ever reach the level as #80.

I never said he would. I just used that to illustrate that even the greats can drop balls. It was an issue tat was talked about when Rice was a rookie. Obviously he overcame it. Bell isn't in his league but ignoring what he did last year and focusing on one game is BS. If that one drop hadn't happened on a big play nobody would give a s**t.
I bet we'll see Cowing ahead of Bell on the depth chart this Sunday
Originally posted by father49er:

They'll give Bell one more chance I bet, and if he fails again, then finally we'll see JC. Another week of learning hopefully gets him some opportunity.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by father49er:

They'll give Bell one more chance I bet, and if he fails again, then finally we'll see JC. Another week of learning hopefully gets him some opportunity.

Why the hell does this scrub get so many chances?? Seems like he's had more opportunity than Dante Pettis and Dante Pettis even had 5 TD's his rookie season AND was a 2nd round pick. Bell is a measly 7th round pick, who gives a s**t, cut his ass call up Trent Taylor to handle punt returns then give Cowing more snaps on offense.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Why the hell does this scrub get so many chances?? Seems like he's had more opportunity than Dante Pettis and Dante Pettis even had 5 TD's his rookie season AND was a 2nd round pick. Bell is a measly 7th round pick, who gives a s**t, cut his ass call up Trent Taylor to handle punt returns then give Cowing more snaps on offense.

This is what I am wondering, makes no sense.

Hopefully, Cowing can show us some razzle dazzle lol. Too bad Ricky had to get shot. Glad he is ok- .40 caliber/23 Glock, holy s**t. Fk Union Square lol
Originally posted by Montana:

Hopefully, Cowing can show us some razzle dazzle lol. Too bad Ricky had to get shot. Glad he is ok- .40 caliber/23 Glock, holy s**t. Fk Union Square lol

Cowing looks like a guy that can play but he won't until Kyle is satisfied that he understands the playbook. He'll also need to show he can block downfield if he wants substantial playing time.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Cowing looks like a guy that can play but he won't until Kyle is satisfied that he understands the playbook. He'll also need to show he can block downfield if he wants substantial playing time.

Totally agree with you. It was the same for Aiyuk in his rookie season, in the coaches doghouse. Then boom he blew up!!! Hopefully Cowing turn out the same, without being in the coaches doghouse.

Yup. This is why Bell is ahead. He is ahead of Cowing and was ahead of Gray for that simple fact. It's a blessing and a curse.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Bell understands the team and the concept..,just gotta make the catch.
Share 49ersWebzone