There are 291 users in the forums

"Look Ma, no hands" WR Ronnie Bell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What's this he needs more chances garbage? Every chance ever he's terrible. He's not fast, not physical, not that big, drops the ball, chokes at key moments, fumbles punts. What exactly is this guy so good at that he deserves more chances? Cowing right now and cut this guy!

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 26, 2024 at 9:50 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Totally agree with you. It was the same for Aiyuk in his rookie season, in the coaches doghouse. Then boom he blew up!!! Hopefully Cowing turn out the same, without being in the coaches doghouse.

Aiyuk was in the doghouse in year two. He played a lot as a rookie.
I just say we completely eliminate #10 from our numbers to chose from. Retire it in shame.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I just say we completely eliminate #10 from our numbers to chose from. Retire it in shame.

Yeah we should. That number should be banned forever.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What's this he needs more chances garbage? Every chance ever he's terrible. He's not fast, not physical, not that big, drops the ball, chokes at key moments, fumbles punts. What exactly is this guy so good at that he deserves more chances? Cowing right now and cut this guy!

We weren't saying that last season when he had 6 catches on 13 targets and no drops. I'm more concerned bout Aiyuk because he's supposed to be the number one receiver. He's had 2 drops on 20 targets. That's a 10% drop rate. I know Bell has 2 on 3 targets but he's not their number one guy. He was a 7th round pick. Aiyuk was a 1st rounder and just got a huge contract. You can't be dropping 10% of your targets.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

We weren't saying that last season when he had 6 catches on 13 targets and no drops. I'm more concerned bout Aiyuk because he's supposed to be the number one receiver. He's had 2 drops on 20 targets. That's a 10% drop rate. I know Bell has 2 on 3 targets but he's not their number one guy. He was a 7th round pick. Aiyuk was a 1st rounder and just got a huge contract. You can't be dropping 10% of your targets.
Bell sucks. He should be released asap. BA is heading down the road of wasted potential at a rather brisk clip. We should have traded him.
I remember Owens dropped a lot of balls in the beginning... don't get it twisted, I know he doesn't even compare to one of TO's dirty underwear, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

Maybe he gets another chance and starts to improve or maybe he never plays another down with the Niners. I'm down with either one.
While I don't agree with it, one reason we could all be ignoring why Cowing hasn't ben given the snaps yet... what do we do at PR if Cowing gets hurt playing WR? We really have no one healthy at the moment with sure hands PR ability, not even Pearsall. Not a great reason but definitely possible that it weighs in (ontop of the fact that Bell is a good blocker which is probably the bigger reason).
Wrong thread
[ Edited by MunsterShane on Sep 26, 2024 at 1:00 PM ]
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
I remember Owens dropped a lot of balls in the beginning... don't get it twisted, I know he doesn't even compare to one of TO's dirty underwear, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

Maybe he gets another chance and starts to improve or maybe he never plays another down with the Niners. I'm down with either one.

That line of thinking may buy him a few more games…only to cost to team some more

Per PFF , didn't get a sing snap on Sunday
Bell does best when he doesn't play.
Yeah we should. That number should be banned forever.

in honor of JG
Has he been traded Alpha Centuari yet?
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Man, he's been great in preseason then screws us in regular season. I like Ronnie but he seems to not get over his jitters
Share 49ersWebzone