There are 202 users in the forums

WE GOT ANOTHER HOG! f**k YEAH! QB Brandon Allen, Arkansas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Allen has earned the QB3 job as far as I am concerned,....

What has he done to earn it in your view?

he's a proven QB2 vet, he has done well in practice and in games this TC, Shanny likes him a lot and seems to have confidence in his game, he is cheaper than TL on the cap
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I know you're not asking me but IMO:

For one he's got NFL starting experience. Two, multiple times I've heard rave reviews from Shanahan and Lynch. I'm not able to see how he is in practice or TC so that's all I got to go by. Three from the little chance he had to shine, he made some good throws vs LV.

Now I ask you what hasn't he done??

He hasn't taken a snap tonight.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Dug this one out of the trash bin right b4 it made it to page 2. I think he's our new #3 guy per the reporter below,...and some cool factoids to boot so this 30 y/o kid stops getting looked over...

Originally posted by boast:

Brandon Allen had a 370 yard 2 TD game beating Deshaun Watson's Texans in a start for the Bengals in 2020.

He looked good against the Raiders. He would be a very good QB3.

He's been getting alot of support here lately.

Just not in this thread?

Not sure. But I have been saying he has a legitimate chance to beat Trey for the QB3 role. It appears I am correct.
congrats to Brandon Allen who appears to be our QB3 now, this is well deserved imo and is better fit in KS system than TL
Originally posted by fropwns:
Told you did I.

Perfect time for some Brandon Allen news. What's the 4-1-1 on how this guy is really doing? I had no idea what he looked like or who he even was until today's Trey hoopla.

Been reading some rave reviews in the last day, albeit only from posters lately.

Does he over take Trey in the next couple coming weeks? Or does Trey rebound?

Maybe some here can detail the nuances about Brandon Allen's game and why he's a better fit for the #2 or #3 spot.

https://ninernoise.com/posts/trey-lance-rebounds-49ers-broncos

Trey is non functional at the moment. Allen at least can execute at a reasonable level for a backup QB.
Told you did I.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Told you did I.

Broken clocks and blind squirrels, my man. Every now and then, they get something right.
Told you did I.

Broken clocks and blind squirrels, my man. Every now and then, they get something right.

dad joke alert activated
Told you did I.

dad joke alert activated

You damn right, sir! Now where are my loafers? I have the funnies to read.

Well Fro, he likely makes the team unless the team can't find a trade for Lance.
Told you did I.

dad joke alert activated

You damn right, sir! Now where are my loafers? I have the funnies to read.

hahaha fair enough!
Hoping to sneak this guy to the practice squad?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I know you're not asking me but IMO:

For one he's got NFL starting experience. Two, multiple times I've heard rave reviews from Shanahan and Lynch. I'm not able to see how he is in practice or TC so that's all I got to go by. Three from the little chance he had to shine, he made some good throws vs LV.

Now I ask you what hasn't he done??

He hasn't taken a snap tonight.

So that wasn't him in Las Vegas??
Dam Allen may be better than lance at this point which is sad but it is what it is, go with who gives you the best shot to win, qb3 may be important after what happen last year
Share 49ersWebzone