There are 203 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That moment when it hits you.. Moody was a 3rd rounder

*this is a 49ers suck at round 3 post, not a he was overdrafted post*
Impressions from Greg Papa after watching OTAs.

Drake Jackson is definitely bigger. Lenoir has looked very aggressive in camp. Isaiah Oliver has looked very good.

I know it's only his opinions but I'm tired of talking about Trey vs Brock.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Drake Jackson is definitely bigger. Lenoir has looked very aggressive in camp. Isaiah Oliver has looked very good.

The 49ers QB situation is the #1 NFL storyline. Buckle up buttercup
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Fred Warner disagreed.

i'm with ya my guy
Sounds like Bell had several drops.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Poison.

Damn from Antonio Brown to AJ Jenkins?!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lol well we haven't hit on a third rounder since 2018, so we are due! Plus, we took 3 players in the third this year! Hahaha

I think we CRUSHED this years third rounder. Will get 2 pro bowlers and maybe all pro, MIN! Lol I love brown and Moody. I think theyre perfect for us
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i'm with ya my guy

I'm tired of the "Trey has been good vs he hasn't been good". At this point, each person feels how they do and we aren't changing our mind. Lol

im excited to hear how both are doing now though! I love hearing Brock's recovering great and that Lance looks improved.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Fine but nothing new has really happened. How many times can you say I hope Brock returns quickly or I expect Trey to have a good year. I at least want to wait for something to happen.

Fine but nothing new has really happened. How many times can you say I hope Brock returns quickly or I expect Trey to have a good year. I at least want to wait for something to happen.

The only part that bothers me about that debate is the discounting of the rookie playoff wins purdy won.

The kid won 2 playoff games. That puts him extremely rare company. In my mind that cements him as having the #1 job regardless of how he performed.

I think it's fine to compare how trey and him look in games but saying the job is up for grabs like some posters say I think is laughable.

I think there's posters that would still say it even if he won a SB as a rookie.

I honestly could care less if he won them 3-0 or 9-6 he still won two playoff games. That cements him as the starter for at least half a year. I'd say the same thing about trey of he won two playoff games his rookie year.

I hope all our QBs tear it up during the preason and otas. It's always good to have options especially considering how injury prone our QB position has been. They really aren't fighting for more than a game or two of keeping the seat warm though in my mind.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

The only part that bothers me about that debate is the discounting of the rookie playoff wins purdy won.

The kid won 2 playoff games. That puts him extremely rare company. In my mind that cements him as having the #1 job regardless of how he performed.

I think it's fine to compare how trey and him look in games but saying the job is up for grabs like some posters say I think is laughable.

I think there's posters that would still say it even if he won a SB as a rookie.

I honestly could care less if he won them 3-0 or 9-6 he still won two playoff games. That cements him as the starter for at least half a year. I'd say the same thing about trey of he won two playoff games his rookie year.

I hope all our QBs tear it up during the preason and otas. It's always good to have options especially considering how injury prone our QB position has been. They really aren't fighting for more than a game or two of keeping the seat warm though in my mind.

You have to at least try to isolate our QB's performance outside of the wins and losses IMO. That's the only way you can be confident you're choosing the right QB for the future.

So far I think Purdy's tape speaks for itself. He's earned the QB1 spot with his performance last season.

I don't see a lot of posters discounting Pudy's playoff games. I've seen way more posters want to discredit Trey and his opportunity to compete for playing time and make absolute claims about him after 3 games.

My only hope is that we have our best QB available come playoff time. So far that QB looks to be Purdy, so I worry that starting him from week 1 could increase the odds he doesn't make it.
Originally posted by genus49:

Damn from Antonio Brown to AJ Jenkins?!

Haha. Just like that.
Last year the noise was all about Huf and BA, and they showed up with big years. Who will get the noise this year?
Share 49ersWebzone