There are 235 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
The only part that bothers me about that debate is the discounting of the rookie playoff wins purdy won.

The kid won 2 playoff games. That puts him extremely rare company. In my mind that cements him as having the #1 job regardless of how he performed.

I think it's fine to compare how trey and him look in games but saying the job is up for grabs like some posters say I think is laughable.

I think there's posters that would still say it even if he won a SB as a rookie.

I honestly could care less if he won them 3-0 or 9-6 he still won two playoff games. That cements him as the starter for at least half a year. I'd say the same thing about trey of he won two playoff games his rookie year.

I hope all our QBs tear it up during the preason and otas. It's always good to have options especially considering how injury prone our QB position has been. They really aren't fighting for more than a game or two of keeping the seat warm though in my mind.

It puts him in a good place to start, but the team are likely to weight up the three guys before picking a certain starter. I think that yesterday's performances are good, but the bottom line is, what have you done For me today, I don't agree that anyone is cemented in as starter at quarterback. It all remains to be seen.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Last year the noise was all about Huf and BA, and they showed up with big years. Who will get the noise this year?

I think brown bursts onto the scene this year. The other player I think makes a name for himself is drake Jackson. Hopefully mckivitz does too
Originally posted by tankle104:
Last year the noise was all about Huf and BA, and they showed up with big years. Who will get the noise this year?

I think brown bursts onto the scene this year. The other player I think makes a name for himself is drake Jackson. Hopefully mckivitz does too

early reports are already high on Brown

very good sign so far
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

early reports are already high on Brown

very good sign so far

I was hoping we would draft brown and moody. First time the team has taken someone I wanted outside the first round. Lol

i just think brown has great ability and instincts, much better than his measurable show. I also think his skill set and personality (from what I was able to read up on) was a perfect fit for our system and team.

im usually not someone who looks into kickers hahaha but this year was unique cause we didn't have one. I personally felt like moody was the best kicker I've seen in a long long time. Has ice in his veins and comes from a program that really relies on their kicker (harbaugh, which we all know how he does). So those were two needs we had and I thought both excellent fits. I was thrilled we got them and surprised. Haha

The only part that bothers me about that debate is the discounting of the rookie playoff wins purdy won.

The kid won 2 playoff games. That puts him extremely rare company. In my mind that cements him as having the #1 job regardless of how he performed.

I think it's fine to compare how trey and him look in games but saying the job is up for grabs like some posters say I think is laughable.

I think there's posters that would still say it even if he won a SB as a rookie.

I honestly could care less if he won them 3-0 or 9-6 he still won two playoff games. That cements him as the starter for at least half a year. I'd say the same thing about trey of he won two playoff games his rookie year.

I hope all our QBs tear it up during the preason and otas. It's always good to have options especially considering how injury prone our QB position has been. They really aren't fighting for more than a game or two of keeping the seat warm though in my mind.

Extremely difficult to win with a rookie QB in the playoffs, BCB is indeed in rare company.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

Extremely difficult to win with a rookie QB in the playoffs, BCB is indeed in rare company.

First rookie QB to win 2 playoff games since Mark Sanchez.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

I think I just found the quintessential Ring post

I watched those jets playoff games and they won despite Sanchez. Lol his main job was to essentially try and not turn the ball over. The defense and run game carried that team. When it matter most, he was awful. He also had a really good receiver - I'm drawing a blank on his name but I'm pretty sure he came from Cleveland and was a first round pick.

regardless, comparing mark sanchez and Purdy is ridiculous. Lol not saying anyone is, just saying it would be a joke to do so.

I watched those jets playoff games and they won despite Sanchez. Lol his main job was to essentially try and not turn the ball over. The defense and run game carried that team. When it matter most, he was awful. He also had a really good receiver - I'm drawing a blank on his name but I'm pretty sure he came from Cleveland and was a first round pick.

regardless, comparing mark sanchez and Purdy is ridiculous. Lol not saying anyone is, just saying it would be a joke to do so.
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-playoff-wins-by-a-rookie-qb

Purdy leads in almost every statistical category

On Sanchez I actually was really digging him last year as a commentator
hope he is back

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Clicking that link just reminded me that Seneca Wallace was a thing in our division at one point.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Clicking that link just reminded me that Seneca Wallace was a thing in our division at one point.

BCW? .. another Iowa St legend

😍😍. I hope he starts week 1 and continues his run! I'm curious when his first regular season loss will be.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Hahaha I forgot about that too. Sac CC baby!
What's up with the camp rescheduling? Seems like a pr thing, trying to get someone in front of media or avoid media. Seems like we are losing a week of practice so not a football reason.
Share 49ersWebzone