There are 197 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Impressions from Greg Papa after watching OTAs.

Drake Jackson is definitely bigger. Lenoir has looked very aggressive in camp. Isaiah Oliver has looked very good.

I know it's only his opinions but I'm tired of talking about Trey vs Brock.

Moi aussi.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
The only part that bothers me about that debate is the discounting of the rookie playoff wins purdy won.

The kid won 2 playoff games. That puts him extremely rare company. In my mind that cements him as having the #1 job regardless of how he performed.

I think it's fine to compare how trey and him look in games but saying the job is up for grabs like some posters say I think is laughable.

I think there's posters that would still say it even if he won a SB as a rookie.

I honestly could care less if he won them 3-0 or 9-6 he still won two playoff games. That cements him as the starter for at least half a year. I'd say the same thing about trey of he won two playoff games his rookie year.

I hope all our QBs tear it up during the preason and otas. It's always good to have options especially considering how injury prone our QB position has been. They really aren't fighting for more than a game or two of keeping the seat warm though in my mind.

Extremely difficult to win with a rookie QB in the playoffs, BCB is indeed in rare company.

First rookie QB to win 2 playoff games since Mark Sanchez.

I think I just found the quintessential Ring post

I watched those jets playoff games and they won despite Sanchez. Lol his main job was to essentially try and not turn the ball over. The defense and run game carried that team. When it matter most, he was awful. He also had a really good receiver - I'm drawing a blank on his name but I'm pretty sure he came from Cleveland and was a first round pick.

regardless, comparing mark sanchez and Purdy is ridiculous. Lol not saying anyone is, just saying it would be a joke to do so.
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-playoff-wins-by-a-rookie-qb

Purdy leads in almost every statistical category

Clicking that link just reminded me that Seneca Wallace was a thing in our division at one point.

Hahaha I forgot about that too. Sac CC baby!

Let's go Panthers!
I see another article about a 49er set to have a breakout year. I've lost track of how many that makes. If all these guys have breakout years we''ll win the SB by 40 points.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I see another article about a 49er set to have a breakout year. I've lost track of how many that makes. If all these guys have breakout years we''ll win the SB by 40 points.

Sooooooft.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What's up with the camp rescheduling? Seems like a pr thing, trying to get someone in front of media or avoid media. Seems like we are losing a week of practice so not a football reason.

They almost always cancel the final week of OTAs.
What's up with the camp rescheduling? Seems like a pr thing, trying to get someone in front of media or avoid media. Seems like we are losing a week of practice so not a football reason.

They almost always cancel the final week of OTAs.

Oh. I don't remember from last season. Why schedule it then?

It depends on how much work the team gets through in OTAs whether or not the last week is cancelled or not.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

It depends on how much work the team gets through in OTAs whether or not the last week is cancelled or not.

Oh. That's reasonable. Thanks.

Head Coaches: "We just don't get enough time with our players to develop them like we used too."
Also Kyle Shanahan: "We're canceling this week...going to Cancun. Kittle, Juice, and the elite boys, pack your bags. You're coming with me! BBQ toss time!! And bring that new D.J. too."
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 4, 2023 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Head Coaches: "We just don't get enough time with our players to develop them like we used too."
Also Kyle Shanahan: "We're canceling this week...going to Cancun. Kittle, Juice, and the elite boys, pack your bags. You're coming with me! BBQ toss time!! And bring that new D.J. too."

Chuckle emoji goes here ===>>X

Originally posted by NCommand:

Count me in!!!
Mandatory mini camp starts today. Will the media be there?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yes, both days are open to the media.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jun 6, 2023 at 8:03 AM ]

Which means twice the opportunity for terrible takes by Grant Cohn.

Sweet
Share 49ersWebzone