There are 214 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
That's a good way to limit the possibility of injuries in training camp but there's a downside. part of training camp is preparing players for the real season. If players aren't conditioned well enough they get hurt when the real games start. It seems like we've seen a lot of early season injuries in recent years and many have speculated that the players weren't ready. Most teams teams don't play their starters much in pre season anymore. That's a relatively new thing. They used to play about one quarter in the first game and then one half the next. The 3rd game was where they got most of the action and the the 4th was mostly to see who made the final cuts.

Now they only have 3 pre season games so the starters barely get any game time. That might be one reason they aren't in great "game" condition when the season starts. This has always been a guessing game. How much and how hard do we practice? Push them or pamper them? Worrying about camp injuries is a real thing but if the players aren't ready when the season starts and some get injured in the first couple of games, what good does it do to try and protect them in camp.

I agree, it's a good question that idk if there is an answer to currently.

for example, harbaughs camps were insane but we seemed pretty healthy until his fourth year. Was it luck and those camps contributed to his fourth year injuries? Idk

i do believe that football camps need to be physically intense. You're asking guys to maximize their body's every play and also take the impact of car accidents every play (specifically O & D line), you're body needs to have some real preparation for that. Especially short weeks.

the league probably needs to find a happy medium intensity wise, let players work with coaches, team coaches, if they want to. They also need to ban turf fields and make it all grass.

It's too bad that there is no way to know for sure. It seems like they had fewer injuries, at least in the early season when they played 4 or even 5 pre season games. The starters got more reps and seemed better prepared.

On the other hand. players are bigger and faster than ever now so I'm sure that's part of it too. I know players always say that there's a big difference between being in condition and being in game condition.

Gotta build up the callus-Joe Staley
What's the status of Wishnowski? Back injury? Is it bad?
Starting training camp and only two guys are injured, that's pretty damn good. I feel like usually we have a bunch of guys still nursing stuff or still not back.

is this the healthiest we've been in a while?
Originally posted by NCommand:

deebo getting ready for the rams

Take care of those hammies, Deebo!

Boxing DID NOT work with The Big Waist.. .and it sure wont make Deevah a better WR as well..

LETS JUST GO !!! WOOOO NINERSSS !!!
Starting training camp and only two guys are injured, that's pretty damn good. I feel like usually we have a bunch of guys still nursing stuff or still not back.

Now you've done it!

Now you've done it!

Don't worry, I did a rain dance to cancel it out. So we're good!

Now you've done it!

Don't worry, I did a rain dance to cancel it out. So we're good!

That'll be better for the fans vs. 95 degrees in the stands and direct sunlight. LOL
C'mon! I need some training camp QB stats!!!
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

It's Lance vs Darnold today. The national pundits think Darnold is higher on the depth chart, the local beat writers say Lance. We'll see.
What time does this shizz kick off?

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

It's Lance vs Darnold today. The national pundits think Darnold is higher on the depth chart, the local beat writers say Lance. We'll see.

Time for the NT over-analysis and hand wringing about each pass attempt.

super.
Lance will get first team reps today. I'm eager to hear how he's doing - I'm wagering that be separates himself from Darnold in the first few weeks - I hope I'm right. Lol
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Time for the NT over-analysis and hand wringing about each pass attempt.

super.

You know you love it
So they'll actually be on the field today?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Alfienator:
So they'll actually be on the field today?

10:15am pst
Share 49ersWebzone