There are 229 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Cohn can get f**ked

Disn't he completely s**t on Purdy during his training camp assessments last year?

I recall him being negative about Purdy during minicamp last year, but I don't remember him saying anything one way or another about him during TC.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Sounds like Lance had a nice touch pass on a wheel route to TDP.

So there was only 1 good play?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Youngone:

Cohn can get f**ked

Disn't he completely s**t on Purdy during his training camp assessments last year?

I mean just about everyone did. I also don't think he completely s**t on him. He also didn't play great in camp.

That's the first I'm hearing of it. I've hear Kyle rave about Purdy in camp last year. Demeco said the defensive players were coming up to him complimenting Purdy. Krueg was singing his praises before the pre season.

i didn't follow it last year and I sure as hell didn't follow third string qb. Lol but I've just heard/read much different.
Does anyone know if brown was in second team?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Aiyuk made some great plays also. Apparently mossed Lenoir
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Aiyuk made some great plays also. Apparently mossed Lenoir

then gave the D one of these, if i am reading correct

That was at the beginning of practice. People tweeting play-by-play, makes it hard to understand how the whole practice went
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Note to self...don't use Jack Hammer for evaluations.

Cohn had Lance 5/6 and Sam 2/4

Which means once again Hammer is lumping throws together to paint the picture he wants.

Exactly, don't use his evaluations mainly because QB comp percentage in training camp doesn't mean JACK s**t.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

I don't know how much of a competition it'll be but would love for Lance to get on the field either way.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Training camp is fine but if you want to really judge the QBs, watch pre-season.
Nobody talked about Brock Purdy until he played in the last quarter IIRC against the Packers.
At that moment, I knew they had something with him. I thought that he could be a solid back up the way he played.
Besides, I think Shanahan is the type of coach that loves to see his offense struggling against the Defense during training camp.
He wants the QBs to know what they can't do.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jul 26, 2023 at 12:51 PM ]
That's the first I'm hearing of it. I've hear Kyle rave about Purdy in camp last year. Demeco said the defensive players were coming up to him complimenting Purdy. Krueg was singing his praises before the pre season.

i didn't follow it last year and I sure as hell didn't follow third string qb. Lol but I've just heard/read much different.

Nah. Kyle called him Mullens 2.0. No one was raving about Brock man. The only dude that said he was awesome was Krueg (who does it with every late rd guy) and papa.

He wasn't killing TC.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Training camp is fine but if you want to really judge the QBs, watch pre-season.
Nobody talked about Brock Purdy until he played in the last quarter IIRC against the Packers.
At that moment, I knew they had something with him. I thought that he could be a solid back up the way he played.
Besides, I think Shanahan is the type of coach that loves to see his offense struggling against the Defense during training camp.
He wants the QBs to know what they can't do.

Couldn't disagree more with this statement.

Do you really need a list of all the preseason standouts we've had over the year who did absolutely nothing in real games?

Preseason is a nice look at game situations because you have a defense which isn't afraid to hit you so it's nice in that way, however the scheme is super vanilla and there is no game planning. Plus depending on how the other team plays you, you may be going up against scrubs that dilutes the evaluation process.

Training camp you're drilling your actual plays, certain game situations and working on things to prep for the season.

I think these days the best evaluation is probably the joint practices. That way you're going up against opposing defenses/offenses but you're repping vs the specific units you're likely to play against. 1s vs 1s, etc.

Nah. Kyle called him Mullens 2.0. No one was raving about Brock man. The only dude that said he was awesome was Krueg (who does it with every late rd guy) and papa.

He wasn't killing TC.

Yeah everytbing I've read and heard was post training camp, so you're probably right.

lol Krueg is such a homer. Seems like a good guy though.
Share 49ersWebzone