There are 216 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Hansel and Gretal throwing INTs

Lance didn't throw a INT, what you talking about? Last I was told "almost INTs" mean nothing.

Well which way is it? Let's be consistent. And he said they both threw an INT which in fact wasn't true.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I love Brock's durability and his recuperating power. So far B+ in my eyes. We shall see - hopefully he lasts all 17 games and beyond this season.

I mean he broke his ribs his first start and tore his UCL in his 8th start. I wouldn't call that durable. IMO we will probably need all our QBs this yr (hope not).

Agree, but I think a part of it is Kyle himself calling the plays and formations. Riddick blowing by a 3rd string TE in the playoffs is an example of a bad playcall/scheme that got his QB injured.

Having said that, both Steve and Joe were pretty durable during their careers. Hopefully, Brock and Trey can replicate that from here on out.

Yeah I mean it's TC in July. Kid has been recovering. He's also never played against the first team D during camp.

Yeah, you can't get too high or low day to day in camp, we don't even know the purpose of what they're trying to do.

i don't want to hear lance/Brock completed all his passes but did short dump offs or the safe pass. Now is the time to take chances and work through things.

also like NY said, this defense is littered with all pro and pro bowlers. Lol everyone struggled against them (except Stidham lmao)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Does that mean Sam Darnold is QB #1 now?

Meh, its not the playoffs.

I love Brock's durability and his recuperating power. So far B+ in my eyes. We shall see - hopefully he lasts all 17 games and beyond this season.

I mean he broke his ribs his first start and tore his UCL in his 8th start. I wouldn't call that durable. IMO we will probably need all our QBs this yr (hope not).

Agree, but I think a part of it is Kyle himself calling the plays and formations. Riddick blowing by a 3rd string TE in the playoffs is an example of a bad playcall/scheme that got his QB injured.

Having said that, both Steve and Joe were pretty durable during their careers. Hopefully, Brock and Trey can replicate that from here on out.

Well Brock played through the rib injury and didn't miss a beat, I think that gets points for durability. Almost every player in the nfl has lingering injuries all year. That's why you hear all these surgeries/rehab in the offi season, it's part of the game.

the hope is no one "breaks" and/or can't play. Like what happened to all of our QBs.

Bout time some luck falls lances way
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
While I love updates, critiquing every pass during training camp has to be the dumbest thing ever

Main takeaway should be that his arm is looking good. That was everyone's initial concern. Now let's see how it holds up after
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Hansel and Gretal throwing INTs

Lance didn't throw a INT, what you talking about? Last I was told "almost INTs" mean nothing.

Well which way is it? Let's be consistent. And he said they both threw an INT which in fact wasn't true.
Agreed. So which way is it? lol
Originally posted by tankle104:

Yess!!!!

Well Brock played through the rib injury and didn't miss a beat, I think that gets points for durability. Almost every player in the nfl has lingering injuries all year. That's why you hear all these surgeries/rehab in the offi season, it's part of the game.

the hope is no one "breaks" and/or can't play. Like what happened to all of our QBs.

That rib injury was from holding onto the ball too long. You could argue the same with the elbow. You gotta recognize your protections and know that the TE is blocking the guy one on one. That's one of the main reasons you see the Rivers and mannings play forever. They understand their protections and can live for another down.

no need to take unnecessary hits
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah I mean it's TC in July. Kid has been recovering. He's also never played against the first team D during camp.

Yeah, you can't get too high or low day to day in camp, we don't even know the purpose of what they're trying to do.

i don't want to hear lance/Brock completed all his passes but did short dump offs or the safe pass. Now is the time to take chances and work through things.

also like NY said, this defense is littered with all pro and pro bowlers. Lol everyone struggled against them (except Stidham lmao)

Agree, and the Raiders got lucky on some of those Stidham passes. I am looking forward to those 3rd and 4th progression reads from Brock this year. Last year, Lance was (I think) at the level of 1st or 2nd read while Brock got to his 3rd. This season hopefully he can get to his 4th and 5th and you can unleash the Shanahan fast break offense that debuted back in '94.

[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jul 27, 2023 at 11:52 AM ]
Agreed. So which way is it? lol

I've said my stance on it for a while. A interceptable ball bad. It shouldn't get pushed under the rug because they dropped it. Brock had plenty of those that no one ever wants to discuss. Im watching the Dallas game right now on NFLN and have seen a couple. People got all bent out of shape when any one ever got brought up. "Well it wasn't INT" or every QB has balls that were almost picked.

I also corrected the other poster and said that lance did in fact not have an INT, he acted like he did.

like I said let's be consistent about it….if no one wants to be (because of narratives) then I'll point it out. Simple as that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 27, 2023 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

So overall a meh day for the QBs
Share 49ersWebzone