There are 183 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can we talk about how much our Defense will be now that Lenoir is wearing a real DB number. It's a bittersweet moment as he dawns JVs old number but hopefully he will fill the giant hole left by JV.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Well Brock played through the rib injury and didn't miss a beat, I think that gets points for durability. Almost every player in the nfl has lingering injuries all year. That's why you hear all these surgeries/rehab in the offi season, it's part of the game.

the hope is no one "breaks" and/or can't play. Like what happened to all of our QBs.

Good point, tank. And you will have the rust here, that is no problem and to be expected. There is time to knock it off, cuz he's well ahead of the timeline. Nothing but good news folks
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

So overall a meh day for the QBs

So overall this Defense gonna carry these aggressively mid QBs
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I love Brock's durability and his recuperating power. So far B+ in my eyes. We shall see - hopefully he lasts all 17 games and beyond this season.

I mean he broke his ribs his first start and tore his UCL in his 8th start. I wouldn't call that durable. IMO we will probably need all our QBs this yr (hope not).

Agree, but I think a part of it is Kyle himself calling the plays and formations. Riddick blowing by a 3rd string TE in the playoffs is an example of a bad playcall/scheme that got his QB injured.

Having said that, both Steve and Joe were pretty durable during their careers. Hopefully, Brock and Trey can replicate that from here on out.

Well Brock played through the rib injury and didn't miss a beat, I think that gets points for durability. Almost every player in the nfl has lingering injuries all year. That's why you hear all these surgeries/rehab in the offi season, it's part of the game.

the hope is no one "breaks" and/or can't play. Like what happened to all of our QBs.

Agree, Brock (I think) has more durability than Jimmy. If you look at Jimmy this offseason - he didn't clear physicals till just a couple of weeks ago. He's been one of our more injured players, and he plays a critical positon. Brock looks fully 💯% healthy and ahead of schedule. Jimmy is going to need a lot of help with the Raiders. I think McDaniels got Jimmy to pick up Kyles offense as well as getting a former Patriots QB. I'm just glad we don't have to depend on a QB with horrible durability stats.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Not worried about this D
Agree, Brock (I think) has more durability than Jimmy. If you look at Jimmy this offseason - he didn't clear physicals till just a couple of weeks ago. He's been one of our more injured players, and he plays a critical positon. Brock looks fully 💯% healthy and ahead of schedule. Jimmy is going to need a lot of help with the Raiders. I think McDaniels got Jimmy to pick up Kyles offense as well as getting a former Patriots QB. I'm just glad we don't have to depend on a QB with horrible durability stats.

we'll see if the durability issue is a 49ers issue or a Jimmy issue this season.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Agreed. So which way is it? lol

I've said my stance on it for a while. A interceptable ball bad. It shouldn't get pushed under the rug because they dropped it.

Got it.

Those passes by Lance and Purdy would both be categorized as bad. I agree. Although actual INT is way worse.

Some often overlook Lance almost INTs against the Texans. But then bring up Cowboys game. Like you said, consistency would be nice.

I think both are bad but didn't have an effect on the game so it's easier to overlook them.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jul 27, 2023 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

we'll see if the durability issue is a 49ers issue or a Jimmy issue this season.

feel free to bookmark this post guys, I am sensing, that nothing will go wrong this year
we got all the bad luck out, last season
Jalen Ramsey carted off the field with an apparent knee injury.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:

It's most likely a bit of both. They need to do a better job of coaching these guys to not take stupid, unnecessary hits.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Not worried about this D

Hell yeah! number 1 D last year!

ShanaLynch got to get Bosa under contract and this defense is good to go.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

f**king better lol

Share 49ersWebzone