Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
This one for you Faithful

GEQBUS rising.

The world is ending
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I think KS is bright enough, to figure if TL is elite or not, after years of seeing him every day, so I figure if KS moves on at this point, it is with cause.

I like Kyle in alot of area's but not when it comes to evaluating QB's. This is the guy who thinks Kirk Cousins is the greatest thing since slice bread. He also passed on Patrick Mahomes. I do give him abit of credit for not drafting Mac Jones but now I hear he was interested in him and thought somebody was going to take him in the top 10.

Kyle thinks Kirk is the best QB fit for his offense. Not the best QB in the league. Kirk has been pretty solid throughout his career. Does have issues in primetime games. But having Shanahan could have been what made Kirk great. But I digress because now we will never know.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Kyle thinks Kirk is the best QB fit for his offense. Not the best QB in the league. Kirk has been pretty solid throughout his career. Does have issues in primetime games. But having Shanahan could have been what made Kirk great. But I digress because now we will never know.

Careful now. Lol.
Draft evals are tough, but now with him in the bldg for years, KS knows what is up. We can hope, TL dominates and gives us two high end QB1s. If you say KS moves on, then that tells me probably all I need to know.

How is Trey going to have a chance to compete with 5 reps a practice? Brandon Allen got as many reps as him today. And Kyle is doing nothing to help develop Trey. Trey had to go find Mahomes QB coach on his own. Kyle didn't suggest it.

Well that's the issue right there with Kyle. He thinks his scheme is the star and just wants a system QB instead of just trying to get an elite QB and building your offense around that QB. Andy Reid would still be searching for that SB ring if he didn't go get that elte QB.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Jul 27, 2023 at 5:03 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
If Kinlaw has a breakout season and is healthy all season(Big If) what do you do with him next season? Do you just let him walk? Do you give him an extension hoping the chronic injuries are behind him?

Team-friendly, incentive-laden contract.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Imagine moving off the guy you traded 3 1st RD picks for.................For Sam freakin Darnold. And if Trey becomes elite somewhere else, They will say it's because they wanted Sam Freakin Darnold. Let that sink in for a minute.

Imagine taking Florio at his word. Dude is a no-nothing hack. Sims has been salty since we didn't draft his crush McCorkle. These dudes just say what's controversial so that fans who hate a player can spam message boards with their tweets.
Well that's the issue right there with Kyle. He thinks his scheme is the star and just wants a system QB instead of just trying to get an elite QB and building your offense around that QB.

He wants an elite QB. That's what the move for Trey Lance was attempting.

You know it's possible Trey doesn't become an elite QB right?
Originally posted by Chance:
Imagine taking Florio at his word. Dude is a no-nothing hack. Sims has been salty since we didn't draft his crush McCorkle. These dudes just say what's controversial so that fans who hate a player can spam message boards with their tweets.

It's not that controversial though. You're currently seeing Purdy taking all the 1st reps when he's out there and Trey (who we moved mountains to get) is splitting reps with Darnold.

That said, Florio is a jackass for other reasons.
Originally posted by Bangbang89:
We'll see if Brock is just "rusty" or it's something more than that.

You're such a hater. How dare you say that. You're motive is clear.

Draft evals are tough, but now with him in the bldg for years, KS knows what is up. We can hope, TL dominates and gives us two high end QB1s. If you say KS moves on, then that tells me probably all I need to know.

How is Trey going to have a chance to compete with 5 reps a practice? Brandon Allen got as many reps as him today. And Kyle is doing nothing to help develop Trey. Trey had to go find Mahomes QB coach on his own. Kyle didn't suggest it.

I'm sure he met that coach through jimmy, since Jimmy worked with him multiple times.

but no one wants to say that. Lol
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Imagine moving off the guy you traded 3 1st RD picks for.................For Sam freakin Darnold. And if Trey becomes elite somewhere else, They will say it's because they wanted Sam Freakin Darnold. Let that sink in for a minute.

Honestly I think florio is more of a hack than Cohn. Lol I just thought it was an interesting take. For Sims being close buddies with Kyle - he seems to be way the f**k off on just about everything.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm sure he met that coach through jimmy, since Jimmy worked with him multiple times.

but no one wants to say that. Lol

Could've been through Mahomes too since he worked with him this offseason
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
He wants an elite QB. That's what the move for Trey Lance was attempting.

You know it's possible Trey doesn't become an elite QB right?

Sure but atleast give Trey every opportunity and every advantage before you can say ok it just won't work out. But Kyle has done nothing to help develop him. And everyone knew he needed time. Interesting that Trey takes it upon himself to find the QB coach for him and he starts to show drastic improvement. But it still won't matter if he can't get on the field. Darnold never should have been signed.

Well that's the issue right there with Kyle. He thinks his scheme is the star and just wants a system QB instead of just trying to get an elite QB and building your offense around that QB. Andy Reid would still be searching for that SB ring if he didn't go get that elte QB.

Andy didn't actually go get that elite QB but he did hire those that did. Took him almost 2 decades to land that guy. But he finally got him.

Shanhan could have that in Brock. Dude has been defeating all odds and overcoming so much adversity. Reports are he is stronger now than ever. Crazy after only 4.5 months since surgery.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jul 27, 2023 at 5:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone