There are 212 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Shanny hates Trey's receding hairline.
Originally posted by tankle104:
You're such a hater. How dare you say that. You're motive is clear.

I'm not a hater, Brock played really well in those 8 games but I mean he did injure his throwing elbow.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Andy didn't actually go get that elite QB but he did hire those that did. Took him almost 2 decades to land that guy. But he finally got him.

Shanhan could have that in Brock. Dude has been defeating all odds and overcoming so much adversity. Reports are he is stronger now than ever. Crazy after only 4.5 months since surgery.

He can but he has to be all world in reading defenses and all world in accuracy to make up for the lack of physical traits. He needs to be Drew Brees level of good in those areas. And then you have to wonder if he can carry an offense when it's not loaded with as many weapons.
Originally posted by Bangbang89:
You're such a hater. How dare you say that. You're motive is clear.

I'm not a hater, Brock played really well in those 8 games but I mean he did injure his throwing elbow.

Lol I was just playing around. 😏🤘
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Sure but atleast give Trey every opportunity and every advantage before you can say ok it just won't work out. But Kyle has done nothing to help develop him. And everyone knew he needed time. Interesting that Trey takes it upon himself to find the QB coach for him and he starts to show drastic improvement. But it still won't matter if he can't get on the field. Darnold never should have been signed.

I just don't think there's any basis to say Kyle did nothing to develop Trey. It's completely based on the fact that Trey's only had 4 starts… which clearly Kyle didn't plan for. He planned on giving him the opportunity to be starter and catered two seasons worth of planning around it.

You're also jumping to conclusions that Trey has drastically improved based on videos from private workouts and padless practices. If he's actually drastically improved then he's going to at least win the QB2 job. We're only through two days of camp, lol.

I thought so, but I honestly wasn't sure, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I thought so, but I honestly wasn't sure, lol.

just being dramatic. Muahahah
I'm happy, gents. I think Trey looks much improved and so far is lookin really good. Brock is healthy and working the rust off much earlier than what was estimate - now he can get a whole camp in. Darnold is looking sharp.

defense looks awesome! Kinlaw is showing up! Drake jackson is apparently doing good work against Trent.
safties are flying around so well that Kyle isn't sure how huff got where he did on a play. Our DBs are probably getting the best coaching they've got since kyles been here.

guys have been healthy so far #knockonwood

this is our year, baby'!
Just because every QB sucked today doesn't mean our QBs suck. It means our defense is great. HEaring a lot of panic lol. We'll be fine.

I'm happy, gents. I think Trey looks much improved and so far is lookin really good. Brock is healthy and working the rust off much earlier than what was estimate - now he can get a whole camp in. Darnold is looking sharp.

defense looks awesome! Kinlaw is showing up! Drake jackson is apparently doing good work against Trent.
safties are flying around so well that Kyle isn't sure how huff got where he did on a play. Our DBs are probably getting the best coaching they've got since kyles been here.

guys have been healthy so far #knockonwood

this is our year, baby'!

Need to see it with pads, but there's no doubt this defense will be very good. Maybe better than last year. We certainly upgraded the DL, and potentially upgraded NB with Oliver and possibly Brown playing that role (and maybe Womack, although I shutter at the thought of seeing number 0 on the field.. .ugh).
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Andy didn't actually go get that elite QB but he did hire those that did. Took him almost 2 decades to land that guy. But he finally got him.

Shanhan could have that in Brock. Dude has been defeating all odds and overcoming so much adversity. Reports are he is stronger now than ever. Crazy after only 4.5 months since surgery.

He can but he has to be all world in reading defenses and all world in accuracy to make up for the lack of physical traits. He needs to be Drew Brees level of good in those areas. And then you have to wonder if he can carry an offense when it's not loaded with as many weapons.

he certainly has the mental makeup to be Drew Brees from the pocket with a bit of plus athleticism to boot
If we stay healthy this could be the most talented team we have had in a while
No injuries is the biggest thing. Can't tell s**t from reports when guys are wearing shorts.. Especially the defense
Day 1 - Lance is going to push to start!
Day 2 - Darnold is obviously QB2!
Day 3 - …

Niners QBs are like bad daytime television. Whenever there's any semblance of news that fits people's preconceived notions, it's proclamations!

What have we actually learned?
  • Brock is ahead of schedule and the favorite to start week 1
  • Lance's release is quicker and less hitchy, his accuracy appears similar or slightly better, but we haven't seen if he'll revert back to old habits when the actual games start. Still he remains viable to lead this team
  • Darnold appears to be viable as well.
Share 49ersWebzone