There are 193 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want this defense to completely overwhelm our offense daily because it should be that good and even better once Bosa is back. This will make our offense face the best and then they should be ready for PIT
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

I'm seeing Brock move quickly on his drop backs and he's getting the ball out before Trey as well. Brock seems to be moving like the action is hot. One would tend to do that after having had to face the Eagles pass rush in the Linc
Ok i'm over no padded practice and want to see joint practice/preseason.

Ridiculous seeing all the reports that can't even post the same results as far as numbers.
Originally posted by genus49:
Ok i'm over no padded practice and want to see joint practice/preseason.

Ridiculous seeing all the reports that can't even post the same results as far as numbers.

Patience, grasshopper.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

Lombardi is definitely going into the Cohn territory as far as letting his bias come into play. It used to be Cohn would fudge the numbers to push his narrative.

Today Lombardi is the only one who had Trey as 1-4 or has Darnold as 4-7.

We can't even get damn consistency in this reporting. Annoying. Also curious if it's a coincidence he has the numbers being an outlier from the other guys in attendance the day fans aren't there to put in their 2 cents.
Lombardi is definitely going into the Cohn territory as far as letting his bias come into play. It used to be Cohn would fudge the numbers to push his narrative.

We can't even get damn consistency in this reporting. Annoying. Also curious if it's a coincidence he has the numbers being an outlier from the other guys in attendance the day fans aren't there to put in their 2 cents.
We have zero contexts on these stats. Maybe Trey is trying to hit the more difficult passes. Maybe Kyle wants him to go elsewhere with the ball. Maybe the "layups" don't matter in whatever scenario they're working with.

Seeing a few of your posts on the matter, I think it most likely your own biases are coloring your perspective.
Watch Lombardi's YouTube videos. He has never been anti-Lance.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Yeah I don't really care about the stats as much as the feedback that these guys give. What I noticed about both Lombardi and Cohn is they both seem negative about Lance. For different reasons of course, but I wonder how Trey must be feeling having to split reps with two other QB's while Purdy is clearly getting starter reps and it's only day 3. Trey is definitely fighting for QB2 and in my opinion he should be thinking about putting on a show in preseason for other teams to come trade for him.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

We have zero contexts on these stats. Maybe Trey is trying to hit the more difficult passes. Maybe Kyle wants him to go elsewhere with the ball. Maybe the "layups" don't matter in whatever scenario they're working with.

I think some guys don't count throws made after a "sack" and some guys do. Also, you're absolutely right. All these beat reporters like to act like experts, but clearly Kyle saw something special in Brock last season when no one else did. There's so much more to the assessment of these QBs than just the 11-11 reps that the reporters fixate on.

So Brad Graham a Niners content creator who's actually played football, albeit not professionally, gives absolutely 0 f**ks about TC stats. In attendance at every practice they allow fans his evaluation of everything has nothing to do with counting stats. He watches the individual and team drills in a completely different context. Has way more sense than the average media hack.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Its because there is no Competition for #1. The rest are competing for #2 and #3. They may be able to get #1 if something goes south for Brock, but right now its the other spots that need settling.
Share 49ersWebzone