There are 238 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Its because there is no Competition for #1. The rest are competing for #2 and #3. They may be able to get #1 if something goes south for Brock, but right now its the other spots that need settling.

Not too worried about Lance and the rest of the QB's not named Brock. Pads haven't come on and it's still way early in training camp to even begin to evaluate the QB's. Got to wait till the actual preseason games to truly evaluate them. Don't get me wrong, practicing well in practice is *very important* but I think you have to weigh entire package (practice and preseason games) to truly evaluate a QB.
The mere fact this dips**t actually keeps track of the "comp %" is mind-numbingly stupid AF. Who gives a flying f**k.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The mere fact this dips**t actually keeps track of the "comp %" is mind-numbingly stupid AF. Who gives a flying f**k.

Lombardi is a true journalist, Mr. Cone isn't.

Surprised he doesn't keep track of players with hands on their hips during practice... maybe he does.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Lombardi is definitely going into the Cohn territory as far as letting his bias come into play. It used to be Cohn would fudge the numbers to push his narrative.

Today Lombardi is the only one who had Trey as 1-4 or has Darnold as 4-7.

We can't even get damn consistency in this reporting. Annoying. Also curious if it's a coincidence he has the numbers being an outlier from the other guys in attendance the day fans aren't there to put in their 2 cents.

Seeing a few of your posts on the matter, I think it most likely your own biases are coloring your perspective.
Watch Lombardi's YouTube videos. He has never been anti-Lance.

He's literally an outlier from all the media guys reporting on things. And it happens to be to pretty up Darnold's play and lower Trey's. Maybe a coincidence but certainly a coincidence that keeps happening more and more.

Plus dude is even trolling Cohn now.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Its because there is no Competition for #1. The rest are competing for #2 and #3. They may be able to get #1 if something goes south for Brock, but right now its the other spots that need settling.

Right, Brock would have to be really bad and showing no progress, while Lance played amazing. This has been known for quite some time.

"there is always a competition" but it doesn't mean it's an equal competition. It just means if something drastic happens, things can change.

At this point in time, Lance/darnold aren't even remotely being considered for QB1. They should just be worried about winning the back up job and going from there. As long as Brock is healthy and progressing, he'll be QB1
on Lance

Lombardi is definitely going into the Cohn territory as far as letting his bias come into play. It used to be Cohn would fudge the numbers to push his narrative.

We can't even get damn consistency in this reporting. Annoying. Also curious if it's a coincidence he has the numbers being an outlier from the other guys in attendance the day fans aren't there to put in their 2 cents.

Seeing a few of your posts on the matter, I think it most likely your own biases are coloring your perspective.

He's literally an outlier from all the media guys reporting on things. And it happens to be to pretty up Darnold's play and lower Trey's. Maybe a coincidence but certainly a coincidence that keeps happening more and more.

I know it is irrelevant but I wonder who did it first. Lol I don't follow these guys like that in social media but the one I saw do it first was Cohn with "cry".

I'm just saying applying our own context to what someone else posts or says is a near-certain way to misunderstanding. In my opinion, his videos demonstrate a pretty even handedness.

why are die hard Lance fans always having a complete meltdown? It's the third day of camp. You can't live the day to day roller coaster of camp. Lmao it's like watching your money in the stock market, it's dumb. Lmao

just let camp play out. See if Lance will improve and separate himself.

darnold seems to be playing better than I anticipated. Lance seems to still have accuracy issues (per some reports today). It's early though, no biggie.

i think a big test for Trey is going to be maintaining his new mechanics the longer he is away from his coach and the more he faces adversity in camp. I'm rooting for the guy to turn the page.
  • 91til
  • Veteran

He truly is a dips**t lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
why are die hard Lance fans always having a complete meltdown? It's the third day of camp. You can't live the day to day roller coaster of camp. Lmao it's like watching your money in the stock market, it's dumb. Lmao

just let camp play out. See if Lance will improve and separate himself.

darnold seems to be playing better than I anticipated. Lance seems to still have accuracy issues (per some reports today). It's early though, no biggie.

i think a big test for Trey is going to be maintaining his new mechanics the longer he is away from his coach and the more he faces adversity in camp. I'm rooting for the guy to turn the page.

I know right. All offseason all we heard about was his 3 1/2 games & 170 random passing attempts. They completely shrugged off all the offseason work the previous 2 seasons. Only want to count the 3 1/2 games (well really just the HOU game if we're honest) Now all of a sudden these reps matter.
Share 49ersWebzone