Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 204 users in the forums

OTAs/Training Camp 2023

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trey got all the second team reps his rookie year, all the first his second year, now a portion of the first team and second reps - but he's being sabotaged. Lol

Kyle is not the one who's prevented Lance from getting experience, it's lances injuries that have. No one in their right mind should believe that rookie Lance should of started over Jimmy in 2021.

that would be like the cowboys drafting a top 3 qb with Dak there and benching dak when they have a super bowl ready team. Doesn't give your team the best chance to win, at all. Even though they kinda did that with romo and bit them in the ass

When they traded up they pretty indicated "We can't win a SB with our current QB" But yet they start Jimmy because it was a SB win now team? How did that make any sense. If they thought they could win a SB with Jimmy they never would have invested all that capital to trade up and find a replacement. And ofcourse they fell short again. Big shocker.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:
When they traded up they pretty indicated "We can't win a SB with our current QB" But yet they start Jimmy because it was a SB win now team? How did that make any sense. If they thought they could win a SB with Jimmy they never would have invested all that capital to trade up and find a replacement. And ofcourse they fell short again. Big shocker.

It's mostly because Jimmy is always hurt. But then the QB they drafted to replace Jimmy is always hurt too. Now the only thing left is to blame Shanahan. Lol
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Mitchell, jennings, and Aiyuk looking awesome.

Mitchell Is huge, we really need him healthy this year. Please baby lord infant toddler Jesus, PLEASE!

Jennings made an insane catch in that last throw. It's funny how that'll just show up in the after practice stats as +1 completion for the QB who threw it when it was really not a very good pass.
Trey got all the second team reps his rookie year, all the first his second year, now a portion of the first team and second reps - but he's being sabotaged. Lol

Kyle is not the one who's prevented Lance from getting experience, it's lances injuries that have. No one in their right mind should believe that rookie Lance should of started over Jimmy in 2021.

that would be like the cowboys drafting a top 3 qb with Dak there and benching dak when they have a super bowl ready team. Doesn't give your team the best chance to win, at all. Even though they kinda did that with romo and bit them in the ass

Lance wasn't ready in year 1, it's as simple as that. The best option for the team, and Lance, was to red shirt him and play jimmy, we came a few minutes away from the Super Bowl - so it obviously wasn't a bad plan.

jimmies main issue was availability and stretching the team, he was still a very good player most of the time for us.

You're playing the "hindsight is 20/20" game. Without knowing how it'll end, which we blew that game, it was the right move.

i guess you can day dream that Lance would of won it all for us, even though he has managed 2 touchdowns in three games. I highly doubt he would of done much with the rams d line barreling down on him as soon as the ball was snapped.

Mitchell Is huge, we really need him healthy this year. Please baby lord infant toddler Jesus, PLEASE!

Jennings made an insane catch in that last throw. It's funny how that'll just show up in the after practice stats as +1 completion for the QB who threw it when it was really not a very good pass.

Jennings is super reliable. Someone is going to pay him more than we can and I'll be sad. Super clutch on third down and very reliable. Love his mentality.

🔥 SO hot it burns a little

LFGGGGGGGGGG!!! NIIIIINNNERS!!!
[ Edited by Montana on Jul 28, 2023 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
It's mostly because Jimmy is always hurt. But then the QB they drafted to replace Jimmy is always hurt too. Now the only thing left is to blame Shanahan. Lol

He was healthy in 2019 and lost the SB because he couldn't complete a single pass in the 4th quarter. And in 2021 yes he was playing hurt but in the NFC championship game all he needed was 1 drive to put the game away at any point in the 4th quarter and he failed.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He was healthy in 2019 and lost the SB because he couldn't complete a single pass in the 4th quarter. And in 2021 yes he was playing hurt but in the NFC championship game all he needed was 1 drive to put the game away at any point in the 4th quarter and he failed.

If Lance gets the benefit of the doubt for his poor play because he had an injured finger, Jimmy gets the benefit of the doubt in 2021 for having a torn ligament in his thumb on his throwing hand and a separated throwing shoulder. He played through it and didn't play bad but not well enough.
If Lance gets the benefit of the doubt for his poor play because he had an injured finger, Jimmy gets the benefit of the doubt in 2021 for having a torn ligament in his thumb on his throwing hand and a separated throwing shoulder. He played through it and didn't play bad but not well enough.

It was proven that Jimmy could not win the big one vs elite QBs even on the best roster in the NFL. That is why he is gone. He was a great QB nut he just was not elite and in today's NFL you have to be playing at the elite level to win it all. We have found this out the hard way. Brock got off to an elite start last season so let us hope that he can sustain it. Lance ain't getting no benefit of any doubt. The guy has played 3.25 games in this league and he's already sharing reps with Darnold and whatshisname (Allen?). All we want to see is that we are playing the QB that is gonna get us over the hump. We don't care what that looks like so long as he gets it done! 1st round or 7th round it makes no matter
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 28, 2023 at 3:54 PM ]
why are die hard Lance fans always having a complete meltdown? It's the third day of camp. You can't live the day to day roller coaster of camp. Lmao it's like watching your money in the stock market, it's dumb. Lmao

just let camp play out. See if Lance will improve and separate himself.

darnold seems to be playing better than I anticipated. Lance seems to still have accuracy issues (per some reports today). It's early though, no biggie.

i think a big test for Trey is going to be maintaining his new mechanics the longer he is away from his coach and the more he faces adversity in camp. I'm rooting for the guy to turn the page.

Lol you're the one constantly bringing up Treys every single move and creating conspiracies that we're trading him lol. I wish you would take your own advice. Just yesterday you made a deal out of Allen getting practice reps on the 2nd day. You try to be subtle but it's so obvious you want him to fail.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Jul 28, 2023 at 4:04 PM ]

Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Lol you're the one constantly bringing up Treys every single move and creating conspiracies that we're trading him lol. I wish you would take your own advice. Just yesterday you made a deal out of Allen getting practice reps on the 2nd day. You try to be subtle but it's so obvious you want him to fail.

Tydyeydy, let's give ppl benefit of the doubt here. No one wants any 49er to fail. We are all 49er fans.
HOW DARE HE MENTION THAT BROCK HAD A NEAR INT! He's so biased and a hater. Lmao jeez
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
why are die hard Lance fans always having a complete meltdown? It's the third day of camp. You can't live the day to day roller coaster of camp. Lmao it's like watching your money in the stock market, it's dumb. Lmao

just let camp play out. See if Lance will improve and separate himself.

darnold seems to be playing better than I anticipated. Lance seems to still have accuracy issues (per some reports today). It's early though, no biggie.

i think a big test for Trey is going to be maintaining his new mechanics the longer he is away from his coach and the more he faces adversity in camp. I'm rooting for the guy to turn the page.

Conspiracy? Lmao all I said was that I think there is still a chance it could happen.

what the hell are you talking about? Lmao you need to take some reading comprehension courses man.

if someone says something negative about a player, and you throw a fit, you're a whiner. You could say anything about any player and at most, I'll just be confused by your take. Lmao why would I let a bunch of random people online hurt my feelings? Life's much harder than that. Lmaoo
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 28, 2023 at 4:15 PM ]

"I'll hold your hair"
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Lombardi is definitely going into the Cohn territory as far as letting his bias come into play. It used to be Cohn would fudge the numbers to push his narrative.

Today Lombardi is the only one who had Trey as 1-4 or has Darnold as 4-7.

We can't even get damn consistency in this reporting. Annoying. Also curious if it's a coincidence he has the numbers being an outlier from the other guys in attendance the day fans aren't there to put in their 2 cents.

Yeah I don't really care about the stats as much as the feedback that these guys give. What I noticed about both Lombardi and Cohn is they both seem negative about Lance. For different reasons of course, but I wonder how Trey must be feeling having to split reps with two other QB's while Purdy is clearly getting starter reps and it's only day 3. Trey is definitely fighting for QB2 and in my opinion he should be thinking about putting on a show in preseason for other teams to come trade for him.

If you think he's negative about Lance it can only be that you haven't watched his videos and you're letting your bias for Trey override the reality of the situation. Lombardi is pro Trey and pro Brock, as any 49er fan should be honestly. Don't take my word for it, he has several videos explaining how much of a mistake it would be to trade Trey, and how good Trey can possibly be.
Share 49ersWebzone