There are 192 users in the forums

OL Ilm Manning (2023 UDFA)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I mean.. They couldn't have found anyone better with the size and arm length as Zakelj? He was horrific. He didn't earn this spot. That's what pisses me off the most.

Between him and Manning it wasn't even close. If they brought someone else in, OK, cool whatever. But the fact he's just here like he earned it bugs me.

The only logical reasoning here is that they see Zakelj similar to McKivtiz. Both had the gold helmet (or whatever tag they use) indicating they are high upside, high character players. McKivtiz went from PS candidate to starting RT in 2023. Also team developed Brunskill from scratch.

I agree that he didn't deserve a spot vs. Manning, but physical attributes + projected upside probably were the swing factors for an OL that is likely the last on the depth chart.

To be fair, Brunskill went from PS guy with the falcons to superstar OT in the AAFL. We brought him in after the fact and while we did help him up his game more, I think he was already an ascending player we got at the right time. Wish we could've kept him but he was a starting caliber guy and wouldn't be given that chance here.

But I agree with what you're saying, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Frankly though, I would not have kept Pryor over him. Moore can play both sides, and Manning was the perfect developmental C or OG to replace Feliciano next year, or if they're deadset on Nick being that guy, Manning could have been the secondary backup.

Pryor literally can only play one spot. Just not a good call from the FO IMO.
The Arizona Cardinals released cornerbacks Kris Boyd and Christian Matthew and offensive lineman Ilm Manning on Monday, the team announced.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Arizona Cardinals released cornerbacks Kris Boyd and Christian Matthew and offensive lineman Ilm Manning on Monday, the team announced.

I really thought Kris Boyd was gonna be a good player
Bring him home
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Bring him home

Do it do it!!!
Bring him home

Yes please
At least bring him on the practice squad!!!!

Where's the people questioning the 49ers for cutting Ilm Manning?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Where's the people questioning the 49ers for cutting Ilm Manning?

Right here
Bring him home

Dudes gonna end up on the Chiefs PS

Sooo they only grabbed him for intel?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Bring him home

Yes please

Agree, bring him back.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Sooo they only grabbed him for intel?

I doubt a UDFA rookie had much to give them. They needed depth at OL due to injuries but they have a bunch of guys getting ready to come back off of PUP soon.
Come home my sweet prince
He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
Share 49ersWebzone