There are 219 users in the forums

OL Ilm Manning (2023 UDFA)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I agree. NFL basically spoke in volume a month ago. If the league see Trey as a QB prospect with potential, we would have received far more than a 4th round pick. It is so weird some people in this forum, such as 49ers808, are still obsessed over Trey.

lol I ain't obsessed over Trey, never was, I just ain't afraid to call out hypocrisy and double standards when I see it. That would go for any player or topic

Hey Gents let's debate this over in Trey's Thread.
Is this a Cowboy's thread? 😆
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Glad he is back. A lot of people were disappointed he left. But I hope we go after a tackle in the first round next season, I don't want to rely on low round and udfas blocking our qb.

Next draft is a great one for highly rated tackles. I hope they really prioritize OL going forward. If Purdy is the guy then you really need to emphasize keeping him upright.

And by prioritizing offensive lineman, Phoenix really means trade down for a 3rd round pick running back and punter.

LMFAO.

Facts.
Glad he is back. A lot of people were disappointed he left. But I hope we go after a tackle in the first round next season, I don't want to rely on low round and udfas blocking our qb.

I'm sure we will. Before there wasn't a big need for spending so much on OL, whether FA or draft since we didn't have a QB that was good. Now that Purdy is showing he's the real deal I definitely expect us to target T/IOL in the first round.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Next draft is a great one for highly rated tackles. I hope they really prioritize OL going forward. If Purdy is the guy then you really need to emphasize keeping him upright.

And by prioritizing offensive lineman, Phoenix really means trade down for a 3rd round pick running back and punter.

LMFAO.

Facts.

Well, that's one way to make sure Brock isn't hurt throwing.
The prodigal son has returned.

Finally a chance to rectify stupidity on th right side of the line.
This guy might take burford's job next year.
Guy should be active on game days. He was lights out stone wall in the preseason. Let's see what he can do.
This year's Jason Poe lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This year's Jason Poe lol

Poe had 35 reps at 225 lbs. Brute strong dude. Would love to have him back, but as I understand it, he's an east coast guy and wants to stay there, unfortunately.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
We need to develope him ASAP. Serious potential.

Yes but people need to remember he isn't viewed as a Tackle by this coaching staff. Center and/or Guard.

They literally put him at LT and left him there because of how good he played. We (the fans) view him more as a Center and Guard 😂

Hope he can stick as tackle. If he made the 53 next year and we draft a tackle in the first, that is some serious depth at tackle.

Yeah I mean he played LT for a LOT of games in college, but for whatever reason didn't stick with us for the 53 despite how good he showed out. It's the size and arm length which is so stupid. I can't comprehend how he got cut for Pryor and especially Zakejl other then that

The matter of fact is, no teams want him on the active roster right now. So in that perspective, it would be ridiculous to argue the team made a big blunder cutting him back in September.

Yeah that's true, can't argue that. But I will say that Ilm outplayed both of them and was more deserving of a spot based on that fact. I'd also put money down that if SF cut Zakejl, he wouldn't be on any 53 as well. But yeah that's only opinion

Opinion is perfectly fine, but teams decide on the roster based on potential and not current abilities all the time.

Hilarious coming from you. I guess you have double standards when it comes to QBs with potential huh?

I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you referring to Trey? Still feeling bitter that Trey is a Cowboys? You just need to get over it and move on.

lol I need to get over it and move on? You the one in His thread all the time still

I discussed Trey is Trey's thread. Not sure why you would bring up Trey in this thread, so weird.

Didn't even say Treys name. I brought up your double standards when it comes to QBs with potential and you immediately mentioned Trey….hmmm wonder why

So who exactly were you referring when you said " QB with potential"? I asked you whether you were referring to Trey, you never directly answer that. Were you referring to Brock? Darnold? If it was not Trey, can you elaborate what you were trying to say when you said "Hilarious coming from you. I guess you have double standards when it comes to QBs with potential huh?"?

If Trey has potential, he wouldn't of been traded to a conference rival. He's trash. I liked manning in the preseason, could be a good back up guard or starting guard eventually - he plays nasty. His arms are too short to play tackle full time but it's nice to have a guy who could play tackle in a pinch if we needed.

we are wasting a roster spot on an additional o lineman this year cause we don't have a swing tackle, we only have two tackles who one can only play left and one can only play right. Manning being so versatile would be very welcome.

I agree. NFL basically spoke in volume a month ago. If the league see Trey as a QB prospect with potential, we would have received far more than a 4th round pick. It is so weird some people in this forum, such as 49ers808, are still obsessed over Trey.

For the sake of arguing, like with Jimmy, it isn't simply a matter of how good the player is. It's about LEVERAGE. Do you really think Jimmy wasn't even worth a late round pick three years into the future? Because he didn't even get that as a trade. But the entire league thought he wasn't going to be on the team and would be a free agent (of course everyone was proved wrong due to Jimmy's willingness to resign for less money). Trey in a vacuum is probably worth a 3rd. But the NFL is not a vacuum, and his value to the 49ers was as a third QB. Getting a 4th for a third QB is pretty good, IMHO.

EDIT: Ilm Manning.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Oct 7, 2023 at 6:16 AM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Yes but people need to remember he isn't viewed as a Tackle by this coaching staff. Center and/or Guard.

They literally put him at LT and left him there because of how good he played. We (the fans) view him more as a Center and Guard 😂

Hope he can stick as tackle. If he made the 53 next year and we draft a tackle in the first, that is some serious depth at tackle.

Yeah I mean he played LT for a LOT of games in college, but for whatever reason didn't stick with us for the 53 despite how good he showed out. It's the size and arm length which is so stupid. I can't comprehend how he got cut for Pryor and especially Zakejl other then that

The matter of fact is, no teams want him on the active roster right now. So in that perspective, it would be ridiculous to argue the team made a big blunder cutting him back in September.

Yeah that's true, can't argue that. But I will say that Ilm outplayed both of them and was more deserving of a spot based on that fact. I'd also put money down that if SF cut Zakejl, he wouldn't be on any 53 as well. But yeah that's only opinion

Opinion is perfectly fine, but teams decide on the roster based on potential and not current abilities all the time.

Hilarious coming from you. I guess you have double standards when it comes to QBs with potential huh?

I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you referring to Trey? Still feeling bitter that Trey is a Cowboys? You just need to get over it and move on.

lol I need to get over it and move on? You the one in His thread all the time still

I discussed Trey is Trey's thread. Not sure why you would bring up Trey in this thread, so weird.

Didn't even say Treys name. I brought up your double standards when it comes to QBs with potential and you immediately mentioned Trey….hmmm wonder why

So who exactly were you referring when you said " QB with potential"? I asked you whether you were referring to Trey, you never directly answer that. Were you referring to Brock? Darnold? If it was not Trey, can you elaborate what you were trying to say when you said "Hilarious coming from you. I guess you have double standards when it comes to QBs with potential huh?"?

If Trey has potential, he wouldn't of been traded to a conference rival. He's trash. I liked manning in the preseason, could be a good back up guard or starting guard eventually - he plays nasty. His arms are too short to play tackle full time but it's nice to have a guy who could play tackle in a pinch if we needed.

we are wasting a roster spot on an additional o lineman this year cause we don't have a swing tackle, we only have two tackles who one can only play left and one can only play right. Manning being so versatile would be very welcome.

For the sake of arguing, like with Jimmy, it isn't simply a matter of how good the player is. It's about LEVERAGE. Do you really think Jimmy wasn't even worth a late round pick three years into the future? Because he didn't even get that as a trade. But the entire league thought he wasn't going to be on the team and would be a free agent (of course everyone was proved wrong due to Jimmy's willingness to resign for less money). Trey in a vacuum is probably worth a 3rd. But the NFL is not a vacuum, and his value to the 49ers was as a third QB. Getting a 4th for a third QB is pretty good, IMHO.

Comparing to Jimmy G is non sense. Jimmy G is a starting QB. When Jim y G was healthy, teams either already have their starting QB, or they were not looking to be competitive at that time. Trey isn't a starting QB so that is not an issue at all.

Trey doesn't worth much because the league does not believe he is a good prospect at all. He has literally shown nothing in the NFL thus far.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Lol at getting a 4th for a 3rd overall QB being pretty good…..that's downright horrible!!!! Getting a 1st or 2nd for a 3rd overall QB would've been good. But then again of you could've gotten a 1st or 2nd for Lance it would've meant Lance showed a ton of potential. So either way the 49ers lost out.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

I'm sure we will. Before there wasn't a big need for spending so much on OL, whether FA or draft since we didn't have a QB that was good. Now that Purdy is showing he's the real deal I definitely expect us to target T/IOL in the first round.

Good call!

I'm hoping and praying we can get a stud.
On the shortlist of best places to be on the PS.
Share 49ersWebzone