There are 213 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by kray28:
Niners can re-establish control with another long demoralizing drive in the second half. Get more touches for Deebo and Aiyuk.

Gotta run the ball!!

Run it, throw it, who cares, just get a score opening the 3rd
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Niners can re-establish control with another long demoralizing drive in the second half. Get more touches for Deebo and Aiyuk.

Gotta run the ball!!

Run it, throw it, who cares, just get a score opening the 3rd

Exactly!!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
The defense should never go to prevent

Yeah, prevent defense relies on the DB's to cover - our DB squad is still a work in progress.

Harris' big run, the penalties, the two near missed deflections

its not that simple of just "prevent defense sucks"

I think it's more of a mental attitude that I don't like. Defense sits back and lets offense dictate. I always like the defense to dictate. But playing base defense against a 4 wide 2 minute offense isn't playing the odds though.
if we had Luter Jr out there I wouldn't mind the prevent D put Luter in Lenoir spot
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Gotta run the ball!!

Sometimes the run has worked, other times it's been stuffed. It is not a panacea. Balance and keeping the D guessing is the answer.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Lmao. 20-7 going into the half and people are seething because it wasn't perfect.

Our fans have unrealistic standards. If it's not perfect it's the worst game ever played.

Just seen this before. Our openers seem to follow this same script every year.

Arizona in 20' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it and lose.
Detroit in 21' - we're controlling the game, up big, and get sloppy and we let them back into it and hold on to win.
Chicago in 22' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy we let them back into it and lose.
Pittsburgh in 23' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it…

It feels like a trend.

Exactly why I'm beyond worried
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
We just pissed away a great half. Steelers settled and we are sloppy and making boneheaded plays and decisions. Our defense does this way too much. They just fall apart.

They didn't settle. We went into p***y prevent mode. Classic Wilks defense
Originally posted by ninerjok:
How the f**k does Arizona have 13 points that's stupid and leading commando style

Fumble for a TD
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrippinGoldnRed805:
if we had Luter Jr out there I wouldn't mind the prevent D put Luter in Lenoir spot

I'd like to see that at some point in this game. Specially if the game is out of reach for the Steelers.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Lmao. 20-7 going into the half and people are seething because it wasn't perfect.

Our fans have unrealistic standards. If it's not perfect it's the worst game ever played.

Just seen this before. Our openers seem to follow this same script every year.

Arizona in 20' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it and lose.
Detroit in 21' - we're controlling the game, up big, and get sloppy and we let them back into it and hold on to win.
Chicago in 22' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy we let them back into it and lose.
Pittsburgh in 23' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it…

It feels like a trend.

Must be exciting for you that the Steelers are back in it.

How often do we see this in football? Team can't move the ball all half, then they go into their 2 minute offense, and the defense gets soft and they march down the field.
Sometimes the run has worked, other times it's been stuffed. It is not a panacea. Balance and keeping the D guessing is the answer.

This
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
MAKE A TRADE FOR A CB RIGHT f**kING NOW!!
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
How the f**k does Arizona have 13 points that's stupid and leading commando style

Fumble for a TD

Commanders aren't exactly a top tier opponent. Both teams making many mistakes.
What worries me is that Pittsburgh was getting a lot of pressure on Brock the last couple drives. Meanwhile we didn't get any pressure the last drive.
Share 49ersWebzone