There are 178 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Refs gave the f**kin Squeelers a pity touchdown. Illegal contact my ass!!!

Agree, that was a call.

That was definitely illegal contact lol
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Even if we lose this game, I'm not worried. Just hope everyone stays healthy.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Lmao. 20-7 going into the half and people are seething because it wasn't perfect.

Our fans have unrealistic standards. If it's not perfect it's the worst game ever played.

Just seen this before. Our openers seem to follow this same script every year.

Arizona in 20' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it and lose.
Detroit in 21' - we're controlling the game, up big, and get sloppy and we let them back into it and hold on to win.
Chicago in 22' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy we let them back into it and lose.
Pittsburgh in 23' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it…

It feels like a trend.

Were up two touchdowns and we get the ball at the half against a good team. More to be happy about than anything else.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
MAKE A TRADE FOR A CB RIGHT f**kING NOW!!

We certainly have the cap space now.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Must be exciting for you that the Steelers are back in it.

Apparently we need to win by 50 every week for some fans to be happy lol
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Lmao. 20-7 going into the half and people are seething because it wasn't perfect.

Our fans have unrealistic standards. If it's not perfect it's the worst game ever played.

Just seen this before. Our openers seem to follow this same script every year.

Arizona in 20' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it and lose.
Detroit in 21' - we're controlling the game, up big, and get sloppy and we let them back into it and hold on to win.
Chicago in 22' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy we let them back into it and lose.
Pittsburgh in 23' - we're controlling the game and get sloppy and we let them back into it…

It feels like a trend.

Exactly why I'm beyond worried

Clock management.
I hope we see some better offensive plays and score after the half. Brock has looked sharp
Originally posted by DrEll:
Cornerback is our weak point. We were ranked 20th against the pass last season and we have definitely downgraded with the loss of EMan and Ward.

Ambry and Lenoir will not cut it when teams become pass happy and we're playing Dime

Agree with this.

The 9ers need to do what it takes to find another good CB.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
How often do we see this in football? Team can't move the ball all half, then they go into their 2 minute offense, and the defense gets soft and they march down the field.

Yeah, not a particular fan of that defense. It just goes to show that Wilks still has work to do on that nickel and dime defenses. Hope the new Rookie DB's can get developed and integrated into the nickel and dime coverages.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Niners had a 1st down with 2 minutes left and Steelers with no timeouts and somehow Steelers got the ball back with 1:30 remaining.

Refs called an illegal motion penalty on Deebo. It went downhill from there.

Yes - somewhat.....I gave Shanahan some heat, but he did run the ball on 3rd down before Pittsburgh's last TO. Then, the illegal snap.....still think he should have run it again, but they were out of FG range......Kittle's play/incomplete didn't help either.

Hopefully, it ends up not mattering.

I kinda like that we gave up a TD. That means this locker room can't get too cocky at half. Gotta keep the pressure on and win this half.
Why the gloom? That half went 100 times better than I could have imagined. Brock the rock. We get the ball back now.

Looking awesome so far.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 10, 2023 at 11:54 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
I hope we see some better offensive plays and score after the half. Brock has looked sharp

Too many breakdowns in pass protection.
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
How the f**k does Arizona have 13 points that's stupid and leading commando style

Fumble for a TD

Hope they win as annoying as that is to say. They're not a good team, but keep them from #1 spot.
Lets start this half with a nice drive for some points.
Share 49ersWebzone