There are 260 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Aiyuk was so awesome today. Not only with his catches, touchdowns, but his run blocking. He is just a monster and I hope we extend him sooner than later. every game he is just getting more expensive.

Couldn't agree more. He's learned to play with some serious intent. He really plays like he means it.

It's awesome to watch and a real joy to see him reap the rewards of all the work he's put in.

We should extend him now before he gets to the point of holding out for more money

I think you may be looking at the Aiyuk farewell tour.

You can't sign everyone. The cap won't allow it.

In this case it does. Idk why some people keep saying this lol.
We're doing pretty good. Only 1 person complaining.

Pretty great game, but lots to work on. Should be a great flight home for the guys. Hope they enjoy the win and the film session. Looking forward to going to Levi South next week and picking up another win.
Brandon Aiyuk a great blocker cause kyle put him in the dog house before.
If we were at the top of our game this would have been 44-0.
I think we'll need to trade if we want to upgrade RT. I'd be willing to give McKivitz a couple more weeks, but if he continues to be the weak link, we gotta think about bringing in a veteran. Wish we would have kept Ilm Manning.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Aiyuk was so awesome today. Not only with his catches, touchdowns, but his run blocking. He is just a monster and I hope we extend him sooner than later. every game he is just getting more expensive.

Couldn't agree more. He's learned to play with some serious intent. He really plays like he means it.

It's awesome to watch and a real joy to see him reap the rewards of all the work he's put in.

We should extend him now before he gets to the point of holding out for more money

In this case it does. Idk why some people keep saying this lol.

We're signing Aiyuk. AB says so lol. But seriously, he's got an elite QB and an offense where teams can't solely focus on him. If the 49ers are offering north of 20 million, he takes it.

not sure if you're aware of our cap situation

Any idea who his agent is? Please don't tell me it's that guy that Debo has?

I'm generally not that fond of the idea of doing early extensions, but if he has a reasonable agent that doesn't want to make a big fuss so that he can post big made-up numbers to compete with other agents' big made-up numbers, I wouldn't mind doing something early with Aiyuk. He's demonstrated that he really, really gets it. There's always a danger that a big contract can go to a player's head, but I get the feeling that Aiyuk isn't going to fall victim to that.
Peterson talked trash and got worked on both Aiyuk TDS and the CMC TD run. Maybe he will shut up now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
So, I think we can all agree that RT was a major handicap today. We have a ton of cap space... anyone else think we should kick the tures on a free agent? Say... Taylor Lewan?

Lewan is a free agent for a reason, his body is broken and his knees are absolutely shot.

He's also said several times that he is a LT only, and will not play RT. He's suing the doctor that perfored his ACL surgery, and I don't think he even visited teams this offseason. He insists he's not retired, but sure seems like he is.

Originally posted by Skullman80:
Peterson talked trash and got worked on both Aiyuk TDS and the CMC TD run. Maybe he will shut up now.
I wouldn't count on it.

Corner backs are not well known for their keen sense of self-awareness. Frankly, amnesia mixed with obstinate self-regard are core job skills.

you hate to see it.

Lol what a clown.

he actually had a few nice deflections though. The aiyuk touchdown was good coverage as well. He wasn't terrible but not lockdown.
Share 49ersWebzone