There are 201 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

My brother is a Steeler fan so this was even sweeter

he wasn't an idiot though, he knew SF was gonna stick it to them.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
A day later and I'm still beaming from the win. I have no idea what the rest of the season holds for the Niners. But to me personally beating the Steelers is f**king huge!!

Yeah, game so good, I watched it twice lol
Originally posted by Afrikan:

"Everytime I come up here we lose. I gotta stay in Connecticut."

Actually this is pretty much me when I started travelling halfway across the world to watch the team live in the mid-00s. Games on both coasts, all losses, often blowouts. I finally broke my losing streak in my US visits with the 35-0 blowout of the Rams in 2009, but then suffered through three more embarrassing defeats (Altanta 09 a week later, Seattle/NO to open the 2010 season). Then a win at home, in the London game! A dreadful game in fact, vs an equally horrible Denver team.

Eventually things improved. I was at the playoff match vs NO (lost my voice for two days! ), then victories in the 12 and 13 seasons (one also in Britain, a hilarious blowout of JAX) before the bad times started again. In fact I haven't seen us win since that JAX game in 2013! I hope I don't jinx us in Week 4 this year, because I AM BAAAAACK!
Remember that idiot Steeler fan using golden eye as an analogy. Said Minkah was gonna be a sniper. To back Brock had the golden gun.
It's insane how fans really take preseason to the heart making them delusional
I'm a little surprised at how easily the Niners beat the Steelers. I expected the game to be much closer than this.
that Pickens had one of the best plays he was out of bounds tho, great player
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

How did that happen? You becoming a 49er fan and he became a Steeler fan. Seems so random.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
that Pickens had one of the best plays he was out of bounds tho, great player

Yeah, dude is super talented.
Originally posted by thl408:

How did that happen? You becoming a 49er fan and he became a Steeler fan. Seems so random.

Two of my favorite orgs though. Steelers do it right and are very well ran.

A detective would assume his brother is older. Grew up in the 70s and became a Steelers fan while the you have a younger brother growing up in the 80s and became a Niners fan. And since and New York team fans are obnoxious both brothers refused to be NY fans.

Don't forget to remind him that his team grabbed two QBs in the 2022 draft that were not Brock Purdy.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Remember that idiot Steeler fan using golden eye as an analogy. Said Minkah was gonna be a sniper. To back Brock had the golden gun.

I need to see if I can find a follow up from that fool.

I'm guessing because New York hasn't had a football team since the early 70s unless you count Buffalo
Originally posted by paulk205:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

"Everytime I come up here we lose. I gotta stay in Connecticut."

Actually this is pretty much me when I started travelling halfway across the world to watch the team live in the mid-00s. Games on both coasts, all losses, often blowouts. I finally broke my losing streak in my US visits with the 35-0 blowout of the Rams in 2009, but then suffered through three more embarrassing defeats (Altanta 09 a week later, Seattle/NO to open the 2010 season). Then a win at home, in the London game! A dreadful game in fact, vs an equally horrible Denver team.

Eventually things improved. I was at the playoff match vs NO (lost my voice for two days! ), then victories in the 12 and 13 seasons (one also in Britain, a hilarious blowout of JAX) before the bad times started again. In fact I haven't seen us win since that JAX game in 2013! I hope I don't jinx us in Week 4 this year, because I AM BAAAAACK!

Awesome, I hope you have an amazing trip back with a big win!
Share 49ersWebzone