There are 219 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Patrick Peterson: 49ers' tells gave me a chance at two picks, I just didn't grab them

what is he going on about now?
Boy, there's a lot of crow eating on sports shows today.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
My brother is a Steeler fan so this was even sweeter

he wasn't an idiot though, he knew SF was gonna stick it to them.

How did that happen? You becoming a 49er fan and he became a Steeler fan. Seems so random.

Military brats born in like Hawaii and growing up overseas hence why I root for the red and gold and also Celtic green :)
Originally posted by Crown:
Patrick Peterson: 49ers' tells gave me a chance at two picks, I just didn't grab them

Should of went with "I was just kidding around with that comment", but instead he doubled down. What an idiot.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Everytime we play the Steelers one of our offensive players is sending one of their defensive players to the shadow realm.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hey just wanted to throw this out there, remember all the overactions from Preseason!!!!

i like this fan base sometimes
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hey just wanted to throw this out there, remember all the overactions from Preseason!!!!

Did you hear Kenny Pickett scored on all 5 of his drives ?!

I think he's talking about the plays over the middle. Peterson actually had good coverage on both of those. He knocked one down and then had a chance at one later in the game. I think one was to jennings and one was to kittle.

i don't think the Steelers defense played bad. I thought they made some good plays and hung in there, we are just that good. Our D dominated Jenny pickoff. Lol

im so happy Brock got to show him up. He will never admit it but I know it makes him happy to beat a guy who was selected over him, especially when he wasn't even remotely considered.

THEN the Steelers took ANOTHER qb in the same draft over Brock. Dummies
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

They got the "Let's Go Niners!" chant going in the 4Q. I wonder how many times an opposing fan base has gotten that going in PIT.

Below are Pro Football Focus' five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Steelers.
  • Brandon Aiyuk, WR, 92.9, 58 snaps
  • Christian McCaffrey, RB, 74.6, 58 snaps
  • Brock Purdy, QB, 73.2, 66 snaps
  • Trent Williams, LT, 70.7, 65 snaps
  • Ray-Ray McCloud III, WR, 70.5, 3 snaps

Below are the five highest-graded 49ers players on defense.
  • Nick Bosa, DE, 85.5, 35 snaps
  • Clelin Ferrell, DE, 84.5, 31 snaps
  • Kevin Givens, DT, 83.8, 20 snaps
  • Javon Hargrave, DT, 83.7, 42 snaps
  • Drake Jackson, DE, 82.3, 28 snaps

loved Aiyuk this game, Brock played like the stud he is, ofcourse Trent is awesome. CMC of course.

i was impressed by clellin - much better game than I expected from him. Very happy with him so far, hope he keeps it up.

They got the "Let's Go Niners!" chant going in the 4Q. I wonder how many times an opposing fan base has gotten that going in PIT.

Wasn't this our first win in PIT since 1996?

The equivalent of getting your ass kicked and saying, "he only beat me because I slipped a little" or some other weak excuse
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 11, 2023 at 10:35 AM ]

I was waiting for the broadcast team to mention how loud the let's go Niners chant was. They let me down
Originally posted by NYniner85:
My brother is a Steeler fan so this was even sweeter

he wasn't an idiot though, he knew SF was gonna stick it to them.

How did that happen? You becoming a 49er fan and he became a Steeler fan. Seems so random.

A detective would assume his brother is older. Grew up in the 70s and became a Steelers fan while the you have a younger brother growing up in the 80s and became a Niners fan. And since and New York team fans are obnoxious both brothers refused to be NY fans.

lol welp my brother is 6 yrs younger. I was born in 83 and loved Young/Rice growing up. All my friends were NY fans and of course I had to root against. Can't stand any NY teams outside of the Bills.

No clue why my brother is a Steeler fan. I mean they've always been pretty good and kinda define "old school" football. He lived in Denver for a while, so he has an interest in the broncos as well.
Share 49ersWebzone