There are 191 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Crown:
Patrick Peterson: 49ers' tells gave me a chance at two picks, I just didn't grab them

what is he going on about now?

The equivalent of getting your ass kicked and saying, "he only beat me because I slip a little" or some other weak excuse

I thought Aiyuk broke his ankles on Aiyuk's first TD catch.
Originally posted by father49er:
Patrick Peterson: 49ers' tells gave me a chance at two picks, I just didn't grab them

The equivalent of getting your ass kicked and saying, "he only beat me because I slip a little" or some other weak excuse

someone hit the deck not sure who was in coverage he was on the ground before I could see who it was
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

i like this fan base sometimes

According to steeler fans, apparently they have never experienced a takeover of this magnitude before.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by father49er:

someone hit the deck not sure who was in coverage he was on the ground before I could see who it was

It was Peterson. Aiyuk hit him with the ahh ahh and then PP21 had that Sherman realization moment when Devonte Smith made his body just shut down.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Sep 11, 2023 at 10:35 AM ]
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:

According to steeler fans, apparently they have never experienced a takeover of this magnitude before.

One thing 49ers have is very rich fans
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
My brother is a Steeler fan so this was even sweeter

he wasn't an idiot though, he knew SF was gonna stick it to them.

How did that happen? You becoming a 49er fan and he became a Steeler fan. Seems so random.

A detective would assume his brother is older. Grew up in the 70s and became a Steelers fan while the you have a younger brother growing up in the 80s and became a Niners fan. And since and New York team fans are obnoxious both brothers refused to be NY fans.

lol welp my brother is 6 yrs younger. I was born in 83 and loved Young/Rice growing up. All my friends were NY fans and of course I had to root against. Can't stand any NY teams outside of the Bills.

No clue why my brother is a Steeler fan. I mean they've always been pretty good and kinda define "old school" football. He lived in Denver for a while, so he has an interest in the broncos as well.

Eh Pennsylvania isn't far from NY. They're a really well respected and well ran organization, so I can see how he became a fan, especially if he is like you where he likes to go against the grain. Lol

i grew up with a close friend who's family are huge Steelers fans. I asked how that happened in California, and his dad said that he was originally an Oakland raiders fan but when they moved to LA - he stopped being a fan and converted to Steelers because he respected the org.

i grew up a diehard 49ers fan but they were always a terrible team while I was going up, didn't see my first winning 49er season until after I graduated high school, I would root for the Steelers to win if they weren't playing the 49ers. Id follow the Steelers to root for the team my friends family was passionate about because they were good to me.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 11, 2023 at 10:36 AM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Should of went with "I was just kidding around with that comment", but instead he doubled down. What an idiot.

no kidding.
I'm guessing because New York hasn't had a football team since the early 70s unless you count Buffalo

I mean the giants weren't horrible in the Bill Parcells days. Tom Coughlin got them a couple SBs as well. my wife is a Giant's fan…so I gotta pretend I want them to win lol

I will say I'm a Niners fan first and foremost, but I always liked the Bills (unless they played SF) back in the day with Thurman Thomas Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly etc.

It's funny most Mets fans are Jets fans and most Giants fans are Yankee fans. I also have a s**t ton of New England fans around me as well. Talk about obnoxious for almost 20 yrs lol.
It was Peterson. Aiyuk hit him with the ahh ahh and then PP21 had that Sherman realization moment when Devonte Smith made his body just shut down.

the classic, I'm too old for this bleep

ice up Pat, it's a long season, unless he wants to go the route of Vontae Davis
Originally posted by tankle104:
Eh Pennsylvania isn't far from NY. They're a really well respected and well ran organization, so I can see how he became a fan, especially if he is like you where he likes to go against the grain. Lol

i grew up with a close friend who's family are huge Steelers fans. I asked how that happened in California, and his dad said that he was originally an Oakland raiders fan but when they moved to LA - he stopped being a fan and converted to Steelers because he respected the org.

i grew up a diehard 49ers fan but they were always a terrible team while I was going up, didn't see my first winning 49er season until after I graduated high school, I would root for the Steelers to win if they weren't playing the 49ers. Id follow the Steelers to root for the team my friends family was passionate about because they were good to me.

Yeah I think it being a well run organization is part of it. They were winning when he was growing up so that's kinda why he went that route.

Great site to see, it's payback when they used to fill up Candlestick

was it like this in the '80s? Anyone know?
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 11, 2023 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

Yeah I think it being a well run organization is part of it. They were winning when he was growing up so that's kinda why he went that route.

I can respect a Steelers fan, it would be awful if he was a cowboys or Seahawks fan. Lol honestly, that would fracture my relationship with my brother. Hahaha

One of my brothers lives in Washington state now, and he doesn't watch football, but my nephew is 12. He isn't into football but I had him watch tbe game with me yesterday. Lol I don't think he realizes how serious I am when I say he can't root for the Seahawks.. I guess his school handed out a Seahawks hat or sometbing and I found it in his closet, I threw it away. Lol

he was confused why I was so annoyed. Hahaha cause I've never been like that with him. He's gonna learn though, if he wants me in his life - he can't be a seac**t fan
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Great site to see, it's payback when they used to fill up Candlestick

Wasn't there a game in like the singletary years (maybe tomsula)? Where the Steelers filled up our stadium. Might of been harbaugh years, I just remember they took over our stadium :/
we need a gif of Lynch laughing in the press box after PeePee got burned for the TD
Share 49ersWebzone