There are 172 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Anyone surprised jayir brown didn't get any snaps?
Originally posted by kujon11:

He'll get his chance if there's injures. They already know what they have in Brown
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Pittsburgh Steelers 'got bullied' by San Francisco 49ers | Pro Football Talk | NFL on NBC=hE3f4wWCyozQRuhj

@ chris simms saying it's the rich silicon valley fans that are packing the opposing stadiums. Dumbass.

Idiot thinks that SF fans all come from the Silicon Valley lol. Our fans just invest in the games and will travel.

also acting like people who CAN afford season tickets "are struggling" b***h please.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 11, 2023 at 1:05 PM ]
Originally posted by kujon11:

Safety is not an easy position to just come into the NFL and play right away. Over the course of the season, I do expect him to start playing in certain packages.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
stat of the day for me, pit ran the ball 10 times
as a team

Their first run play was some cute little end around/pitch to the WR on their first drive that Ferrell shut down. Their second run play, which came on their second drive, the 49ers put in 5 DL (Ferrell, Kinlaw, Hargrave, AA, Bosa) to match up against a 2TE set for PIT. The 49ers dominated the line on that play and Warner flew in to level Najee. I think one reason the 49ers weren't afraid to do this (5DL, 2LB, 4DB) is that Warner and Greenlaw cover so much ground in coverage. This drive ended with the Mooney INT and once the 49ers went up by a few scores, the PIT run game was a non-factor outside of Najee's big run to end the first half.

dts slanted to the field to create a nice hole and freddy scraped up and filled like a champ!

Kinlaw looked real good that play. If the guard was able to pass him to the C and seal on Warner, that play goes for some good yardage
Awesome game!!! One of the greatest Niner opening days of my lifetime and I got to enjoy an amazing win with my son in front of about 30 plus Niner haters with some Rams and Charger fans mixed in taking every chance they could to try and talk BS…..they were quiet the entire game lol. Only bit of life they had was that final Steeler drive of the half which was quickly doused when CMC made that amazing run to start the second half.

What a great game and an even better Niner family experience and memory!!!
[ Edited by Patton on Sep 11, 2023 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
"Let's go 9ers' chant so loud on TV was epic. It was dang loud.

I was pulling out my hair because they were doing it when we were on offense. I was like, STFU and wait until we're on defense, fools!
Originally posted by walker807:
as a team

Their first run play was some cute little end around/pitch to the WR on their first drive that Ferrell shut down. Their second run play, which came on their second drive, the 49ers put in 5 DL (Ferrell, Kinlaw, Hargrave, AA, Bosa) to match up against a 2TE set for PIT. The 49ers dominated the line on that play and Warner flew in to level Najee. I think one reason the 49ers weren't afraid to do this (5DL, 2LB, 4DB) is that Warner and Greenlaw cover so much ground in coverage. This drive ended with the Mooney INT and once the 49ers went up by a few scores, the PIT run game was a non-factor outside of Najee's big run to end the first half.

dts slanted to the field to create a nice hole and freddy scraped up and filled like a champ!

Kinlaw looked real good that play. If the guard was able to pass him to the C and seal on Warner, that play goes for some good yardage
LOL 49ers breaking out the old 5-2 defense. Nice.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I was pulling out my hair because they were doing it when we were on offense. I was like, STFU and wait until we're on defense, fools!

Right? Didn't they take a t.o.? Shut the fk up for sure. No offense..but dumbasses lol. Fans did this at the Raiders game in Jan too, yelling and cheering during the offense..I kept waving my arms down, going shhhh. But that did nothing haha. Shut UP!!!! It's cool to have enthusiasm but damn stfu 😤 lol

Some things that I like: I always love to see the spin from opposing team coaching AND media. You get a better feel for the game. The first thing I would like to point out is Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin and his post-game comments with the media. He refers many times to a term he calls "weighty downs," and the importance of losing those downs to the 49ers

Coach Tomlin Postgame

The second article I like comes from the Steelers Depot, and carries a headline called "Bullied Ball." It again refers to Tomlin and his usage of "weighty downs."

Steelers Depot

Finally, from the home of the Steelers, a surprising article from Bob Labriola. This would be akin to the 49ers giving away web page space to Grant or Lowell Cohn, which is a development I don't think the fan base will ever see. This article contains a classic line: "I've seen sicker dogs than this get well and turn out OK."

Steelers.com
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Patton:
Awesome game!!! One of the greatest Niner opening days of my lifetime and I got to enjoy an amazing win with my son in front of about 30 plus Niner haters with some Rams and Charger fans mixed in taking every chance they could to try and talk BS…..they were quiet the entire game lol. Only bit of life they had was that final Steeler drive of the half which was quickly doused when CMC made that amazing run to start the second half.

What a great game and an even better Niner family experience and memory!!!

What a cool memory, cheers
Originally posted by walker807:
as a team

Yeah, Kinlaw split the C and G. Great improvement over last year.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Meanwhile, the Steelers lost Dionte Johnson and Cam Heyward. I'm hoping to see them lose next week and keep the Niners streak alive.
Share 49ersWebzone