There are 163 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 2023 Season Game 1

• thl408
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Meanwhile, the Steelers lost Dionte Johnson and Cam Heyward. I'm hoping to see them lose next week and keep the Niners streak alive.

oof. Heyward is a huge loss. Yeah, let's see how long the 49ers can keep that streak going. The Cowboys broke that streak if you count the offseason, but I don't think it should count.
Originally posted by thl408:

Meanwhile, the Steelers lost Dionte Johnson and Cam Heyward. I'm hoping to see them lose next week and keep the Niners streak alive.

oof. Heyward is a huge loss. Yeah, let's see how long the 49ers can keep that streak going. The Cowboys broke that streak if you count the offseason, but I don't think it should count.

Cowboys don't count cos they were eliminated and thus had no further scheduled game for the rest of postseason. Philly, despite winning the NFCCG, did lose their next scheduled games vs the Chiefs in the Super Bowl (I would count that)….

TL;DR = the streak still lives

Browns have a good chance at beating Steelers next Monday.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 13, 2023 at 9:03 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Cowboys don't count cos they were eliminated and thus had no further scheduled game for the rest of postseason. Philly, despite winning the NFCCG, did lose their next scheduled games vs the Chiefs in the Super Bowl (I would count that)….

It would have been nice if the streak also continued past the offseason lol. Like, that's how badly the 49ers bruise you up. SEA lost their next game (played NFC wildcard vs 49ers, lost in week 1).
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

It would have been nice if the streak also continued past the offseason lol. Like, that's how badly the 49ers bruise you up. SEA lost their next game (played NFC wildcard vs 49ers, lost in week 1).

Yeah, I only count teams whom the Niners have consecutively played, with the added wrinkle that if they were eliminated by the Niners in the playoffs, they technically have no next game, ending their eligibility, and thus don't count towards the streak. Philly by winning the NFCCG did had a further game, but then proceeded to live up to the streak and lose to KC in the Super Bowl, thus extending the Post-Niner Game curse
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 13, 2023 at 9:16 AM ]
  • thl408
My favorite Brock throw of the game. 2Q 1st & 15
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18

His pockets must be heavy from all them dimes
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18

Not a dig at Jimmy, but 8-9 out of 10 times He will hit Kittle or Juice on that. Which is one of the reasons I feel he is better than Jimmy with this offense and hope he continues to improve.
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18

This is the throw lombardi keeps referencing to highlight purdys plus arm

also, jto you can suck on that 7 step drop baby
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 14, 2023 at 1:00 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:

🤣 Hands down the most entertaining fan I have seen during a loss.

"Who's covering this guy?"

No one. Dude is uncoverable.

Omg!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is great!!! We've paid our dues of plenty of Sundays like this the past 20 years 😎
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18

Love it, question do you think Bell is an option on this play as well? Or is this like a clear out route and he's only "open" because the pass was thrown? Seems like Brock had multiple spots to go on this play call.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18

Love it, question do you think Bell is an option on this play as well? Or is this like a clear out route and he's only "open" because the pass was thrown? Seems like Brock had multiple spots to go on this play call.

CMC down below looks like he had some room as well.
Originally posted by Patton:

Omg!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is great!!! We've paid our dues of plenty of Sundays like this the past 20 years 😎

Lol yeah I don't blame him for being upset during that s**t show of a game
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
vs Tampa2. mid windup

The anticipation.

+18

Bell is not really an option on this play because what Bell (and Deebo) are doing is designed to beat Tampa2's MIKE. Like you stated, Bell's route is meant to occupy the MIKE (#55) that is covering the seam between the two safeties. 55 is oblivious to Deebo because his assignment is to carry Bell's route. Bell isn't open until the ball has already been released. All the underneath options are open for a reception but zone defenders close quickly and it'd be like a 5-7 yard gain.
Share 49ersWebzone