Eagles with Jalen Hurts

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Me reading the Daniel Jones is gonna give us problems part

Last three teams with running QBs the 49ers have played:

Chicago with Justin Fields
Falcons with Marcus Mariota
Eagles with Jalen Hurts

Those are all fast QBs… Jones is only "sneaky" fast.

Eagles with Jalen Hurts

Fields was dogs**t in the game we played and the Bears scored 19 points overall, partially aided by a bad turnover from our offense. We walk to a win with a competent offense.

We were missing 8/11 defensive starters against Mariota.

Didn't think Hurts was particularly effective against us either, and that's with a bunch of other obvious issues in that game.

I'm sure Jones will have some positive plays with his legs… that's what happens with QB's like him regardless of opponent mostly. They'll need a lot more than that.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

First... I said nothing about fast QBs, more like running QBs.
Second... pretty sure if you can have 700 yards of rushing at 5.9 yards per carry in an NFL season as a QB, you're probably not a slow QB.

Eagles with Jalen Hurts

Eagles with Jalen Hurts

Yeah, let's just stick our heads in the sand with the other factors that affected the outcome. We lost all 3 solely because they were running QBs.
The Rams game is a divisional game they are always hard. It was a good wake up call for the 49ers. Hopefully they come out hungry.against the Giants.
I don't see this game being particularly close. The Giants came back to beat a lousy AZ team after being down by 20 at the break (held scoreless in the first half). The Cowboys molly wopped the Giants in their own home. Further, I expect Brock, as well as the 49ers' D, to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders after Sunday's performance.

34-16, 49ers.

Eagles with Jalen Hurts

I understand the concern but this is a new year, so I'm curious to see how we do with this revamped d line against one. Bosa, hargrave, Drake etc are all pretty fast. So is ferrell.

Kenny pickett is somewhat mobile at a 4.7.
daniel Jones ran his at a 4.81

Obviously since we've witnessed Purdy (4.8 40) and how much of a different quickness makes.

brocks 10 yard split - 1.55 (very quick)
Jones 10 yard split - 1.71
picketts 10 yard split - 1.59 - very quick too and we didn't struggle with him

1) I think we have better practice against a quicker QB now
2) I don't think jones is a great scrambler but can be effective on designed runs.

im not too worried about jones if we didn't struggle with pickett but we will see
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 18, 2023 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
The Rams game is a divisional game they are always hard. It was a good wake up call for the 49ers. Hopefully they come out hungry.against the Giants.

It's a nationally televised game, so the stars should show up. I predict a big game for Bosa.

I think this going to be our first shutout of the season. 35-0 49ers. Someone on defense gets a pick six. Probably either Warner or Hufanga.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I think this going to be our first shutout of the season. 35-0 49ers. Someone on defense gets a pick six. Probably either Warner or Hufanga.

Do the giants have a good o line? I feel like the d line is pissed they didn't get a sack last game. Them boys want a sackaroony! And bad!
I would blitz Warner all game from any and everywhere and have Greenlaw follow Jones.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I would blitz Warner all game from any and everywhere and have Greenlaw follow Jones.

speaking of blitz I'm still a lil ticked at that play when C Ward got shook by Stafford, that's exactly the position you want your guy to be in, free rusher, hit the QB
I would have gone full Ken Dorsey
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Sep 18, 2023 at 4:00 PM ]
Who are the giants best weapons now that Barkley is down? Not scared of Brieda. Idk who their other skill guys are.
Share 49ersWebzone