There are 246 users in the forums

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Possibly no aiyuk for this game.... Any cause for concern?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:

Start Jennings, Ronnie Bell is up next then call up Chris Conley.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
This rivalry might be dormant at the moment, but f**k the giants. I hope we beat them to a pulp and run the score up. f**k this franchise. 3 of their 4 Super Bowl wins are off of absolute luck of the century.

Dude. I'm so with you. Cowboys are obviously my most hated team, but the G spots not only wrecked the very best chance ANY NFL team had at a 3 peat, they ended Joe's career as a Niner. The team obviously made the decision to move on, but Marshall's hit was what wrecked Joe and any chance at the 3 peat. Even if Craig didn't fumble ( ) I don't see any chance Young wins the Super Bowl.

f**k THE G SPOTS!!!

It's a concern but if we know it ahead of time, it won't be such a big deal. I think Aiyuk was a huge part of the gameplan against the rams - which is why there was a clear lag when he wasn't in. So if we know ahead of time, we can plan for it.

i hope he can play though, he's a stud, but if he can't - then take it off. Should be able to win without Aiyuk and he would get a long extra break.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Born and raised NJ--a niner fan the entire time; moved to SF ten years ago.

There is a special hatred I have for the Giants and their fans. They're insufferable. They beat tom brady twice in the super bowl and still b***h and moan about him. How and why?! Whiny, s**tty blowhards.

Plus, the 2011 NFC championship game still echoes and stings.

I'd rather the Niners lose to Pitt or LA before this week. Don't let these clowns who are celebrating a comeback against the worst team in the league as if they just won the super bowl.

f**k the giants. Go Niners.

Nah man. I wholeheartedly disagree. Spent my entire life living in NJ and NYC. Giants fans are not insufferable. Actually they're very comparable to our fan base just not as big. I've been to MetLife when the Niners played there during the Harbaugh years. Sat in the middle of them. We talked smack but they were respectful.

Now you want an awful insufferable imbecile fan base ? Go down the I-95 corridor into Philly. Talk about obnoxious ?! And they all smell like piss. Fans are just as bad as the city
Man if we lose on some Matt Breida play I'll be pissed AF.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Man if we lose on some Matt Breida play I'll be pissed AF.

lol

No
Originally posted by DrEll:

There is a special hatred I have for the Giants and their fans. They're insufferable. They beat tom brady twice in the super bowl and still b***h and moan about him. How and why?! Whiny, s**tty blowhards.

I'd rather the Niners lose to Pitt or LA before this week. Don't let these clowns who are celebrating a comeback against the worst team in the league as if they just won the super bowl.

Nah man. I wholeheartedly disagree. Spent my entire life living in NJ and NYC. Giants fans are not insufferable. Actually they're very comparable to our fan base just not as big. I've been to MetLife when the Niners played there during the Harbaugh years. Sat in the middle of them. We talked smack but they were respectful.

Now you want an awful insufferable imbecile fan base ? Go down the I-95 corridor into Philly. Talk about obnoxious ?! And they all smell like piss. Fans are just as bad as the city

Originally posted by tankle104:
I was at the 2011 season NFCC.. you could of heard a pen drop in that stadium when we fumbled at the end. I've felt deflation like that.

Was there too with my dad. It was a long quiet walk from the upper decks to the parking lot. I hope we beat them badly. I also don't want to see Strahan gloat.

Go 49ers!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

It's a concern but if we know it ahead of time, it won't be such a big deal. I think Aiyuk was a huge part of the gameplan against the rams - which is why there was a clear lag when he wasn't in. So if we know ahead of time, we can plan for it.

i hope he can play though, he's a stud, but if he can't - then take it off. Should be able to win without Aiyuk and he would get a long extra break.

Yeach, if Aiyuk needs a breather, the Giants game would be where to do it. I'd like to see Ronnie Bell be put in for a couple of plays. Jauan would have to step up too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Start Jennings, Ronnie Bell is up next then call up Chris Conley.

Great points! I'll buy what you are selling!
Originally posted by DrEll:

Agreed. Been to a few Niner games in NJ - both giants and jets, wearing Niner attire. Giants fans and I laughed about it. Jets fans, really no interactions - didn't matter, seemed like it was a home game anyway in a sea of red. That was the game Harbs was substituting Kap in for a few plays.
I also went to eagles stadium on a Monday night at the old vet stadium, knowingly NOT to wear any Niner attire. Some fan next to me did not get the memo, and wore an all gold Niner jacket. He was pelted with ketchup throughout the game. Fights all over, and fireworks lit IN the stands. That was the game that decided the stadium needs a holding cell for unruly patrons until the police arrive. Thankfully, Niners won every game I attended.
I'm glad Giants pulled out their game vs Arizona. Hate playing desperate opponents.

Simply put...even without Aiyuk(it may be a smart idea to sit him on the short week and give him extra rest, maybe even rest him vs Arizona to make sure he's good for Dallas) this should be a W.

Giants offense without Barkley is not a big threat. Jones is fairly mobile and he's not complete crap so we should still take them seriously but they simply haven't played well and if Dallas can roll them, we should be able to do the same.

Short week. We gotta be ready and the Giants still have some talented players on D. Let's be smart, get the W, stay healthy and get some rest before...Arizona.
Share 49ersWebzone