49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Jordan Mason breakout game.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Jordan Mason breakout game.

It would be nice to have a blowout.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Born and raised NJ--a niner fan the entire time; moved to SF ten years ago.

There is a special hatred I have for the Giants and their fans. They're insufferable. They beat tom brady twice in the super bowl and still b***h and moan about him. How and why?! Whiny, s**tty blowhards.

Plus, the 2011 NFC championship game still echoes and stings.

I'd rather the Niners lose to Pitt or LA before this week. Don't let these clowns who are celebrating a comeback against the worst team in the league as if they just won the super bowl.

f**k the giants. Go Niners.

Correct.

While many on here don't have the reciprocated hatred for the Giants, those fans have such a hate for the 49ers. They only root "for" the Niners against Eagles/Cowboys, otherwise it's full bore hatred like we're part of the NFC East.

Meanwhile they beat us in two huge championship games.

It's so odd how they hate the teams they got lucky to beat, which for the most part they were. They "earned" it, but were always the underdog in those games (rightfully so).

Such an odd group of fans, like Pride said.

Might be some insecurity that they're not perceived as being as good as those other teams, but why should they - always a wildcard or lower rated seed.

Only once won the super bowl as #1 seed in the conference, and when they did, they blew us out 49-3, shut out Washington and handily won the bowl against the Broncos.

Every other team it was a nail biter.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Nah man. I wholeheartedly disagree. Spent my entire life living in NJ and NYC. Giants fans are not insufferable. Actually they're very comparable to our fan base just not as big. I've been to MetLife when the Niners played there during the Harbaugh years. Sat in the middle of them. We talked smack but they were respectful.

Now you want an awful insufferable imbecile fan base ? Go down the I-95 corridor into Philly. Talk about obnoxious ?! And they all smell like piss. Fans are just as bad as the city

Go to some Giants forums and come back.

Eagles fans are definitely worse in person, I'd agree. I've lived in NYC most of my life, and few of my friends ever give me crap, however almost all of them took some pleasure in seeing Marshall take out Montana.

But Giants fans' online have a much longer and deeper hatred for our team, or at least they SHOW it more given the anonymity.

It's possibly deeper than the Cowboys' hatred towards us.

Deep seated, especially if they're over the age of 40.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 19, 2023 at 7:51 AM ]
It would be nice to see snap counts like this on Thursday
  • CMC 30
  • Elijah 20
  • Mason 10
sit all the starters!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
sit all the starters!

Joking aside, I'd definitely sit Aiyuk.

Bosa needs to get it cranked up this week. Watt already has 4 sacks. As much as I like Nick I have to admit that Watt may be a better pass rusher. He definitely looks quicker.
  • thl408
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
It would be nice to see snap counts like this on Thursday
  • CMC 30
  • Elijah 20
  • Mason 10

I'm okay with CMC being a decoy and am more concerned about the number of touches (him getting hit). 60% touches for CMC, 40% between Eli/Mason would be ideal.

today's prediction

NY 13
SF 30
Tune up game #1 to get ready for the cowgirls.
I say give him a rest

Get Kittle rocking against those LBers/S
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I say give him a rest

Get Kittle rocking against those LBers/S

Suit him up but only bring him in if it looks like we need him. Hopefully we don't.
35-10 Niners
Share 49ersWebzone