There are 162 users in the forums

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Originally posted by bassmanr:
Why do we have 2 Thursday night games? That's how injuries happen.

Weird schedule. Thanksgiving and xmas

NFL:
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 19, 2023 at 11:36 AM ]

Cuz NFL hates us...I hate that the next one is @Seattle but hopefully just like last year we get the W(think we stayed healthy in that game for once in a while)

Also will hopefully help us going into the Eagles game with some extra rest. Hopefully to keep a win streak going and going...and going(into next season)
Originally posted by genus49:
Cuz NFL hates us...I hate that the next one is @Seattle but hopefully just like last year we get the W(think we stayed healthy in that game for once in a while)

Also will hopefully help us going into the Eagles game with some extra rest. Hopefully to keep a win streak going and going...and going(into next season)

We never lose games where Brock starts and finishes

Cause the NFL doesn't give a flying eff about player safety, especially when it comes to making money. We are a huge national draw and we are really good, so they're milking it.
Originally posted by genus49:

Those are two tough back 2 back games, especially being national. Seattle is a divisional opponent and always physical. Like you said, it's nice that we have some extra rest but that's tough.
Looks like BA will be good to go based on pain tolerance. CT scan shows no break in his clavicle.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Gonna smoke these dudes. They have zero people who would start on the Niners
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Looks like BA will be good to go based on pain tolerance. CT scan shows no break in his clavicle.

Great news! Hope they still lower his pitch count for this game. I actually want to see more of Jauan and Ronnie Bell. We need Aiyuk long term, and the Giants game would be the game to rest him a bit, if he needed it.
Originally posted by okdkid:

That's b******t. But I appreciate the bravado. Thomas at RT all day, Deonte Banks would be CB2, Xavier McKinney would start at FS, Thibodeaux At Edge. And I'd love John Michael Schmidtz at Center

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

That's b******t. But I appreciate the bravado. Thomas at RT all day, Deonte Banks would be CB2, Xavier McKinney would start at FS, Thibodeaux At Edge. And I'd love John Michael Schmidtz at Center

Booooo! Hahaha they have some quality players for sure. I think when it comes to most positions, or as a whole, yeah we are much better.

this is still the nfl, you never know. All I can say, thank god the saying is "any given Sunday" and not "any given Thursday"
  • thl408
Giants play a lot of man coverage. A healthy Aiyuk would have been great to have for this game.

(article talking about the NYG 2022 defense)
https://www.bigblueview.com/2023/7/23/23792592/wink-martindale-defense-is-an-outlier-but-is-it-a-good-idea-in-the-nfc-east
There is probably no defense more fun to watch than one based on Martindale's "pressure breaks pipes" philosophy. His teams lead the league in blitzes, with pass rushers disguised before the snap and then one or two schemed to get open paths to the quarterback after the snap.
The Giants were among the league leaders in percentage of defensive snaps played in man coverage (around 50%),.....
------------------------------

No idea how accurate this is, but it shows 2022 NYG blitzing at a rate of near 40%. By far the highest in the NFL.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Oh man we're gonna get our ass kicked on streamed tv
Anyone else find it funny that Graham Gano is one their captains?
Originally posted by thl408:
Giants play a lot of man coverage. A healthy Aiyuk would have been great to have for this game.

(article talking about the NYG 2022 defense)
https://www.bigblueview.com/2023/7/23/23792592/wink-martindale-defense-is-an-outlier-but-is-it-a-good-idea-in-the-nfc-east
There is probably no defense more fun to watch than one based on Martindale's "pressure breaks pipes" philosophy. His teams lead the league in blitzes, with pass rushers disguised before the snap and then one or two schemed to get open paths to the quarterback after the snap.
The Giants were among the league leaders in percentage of defensive snaps played in man coverage (around 50%),.....
------------------------------

No idea how accurate this is, but it shows 2022 NYG blitzing at a rate of near 40%. By far the highest in the NFL.

We're just gonna have to kill them without Aiyuk.

Kittle, Deebo.....even McCaffrey one on one, let's see it.
Share 49ersWebzone