49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Crown:
never ever overlook an NFL team.

Giants are a mess and missing Barkley.

that said Jones has some wheels when he needs to.

lets see what you got Wilks.

The D is pissed about last week, revenge game! Going to blow them away!

Or Wilks goes back to soft zone and Jones looks like all world against our D and becomes the talk to media outlets for the next 3 days until Sunday

Yea we've seen this story play out before. We makes avg guys (see Wentz, Tannehill, Fields, etc) look like legit pro bowl caliber quarterbacks.

hopefully we don't make this Jones breakout game
He's still getting a feel for his guys. Remember, these aren't his coaches or players. He couldn't change anything when he came in besides adding a few wrinkles. That takes a little to adjust to and identify what your guys do well with the new wrinkles.

i think we will be fine. I really liked how we adjusted in the second half of the rams games.

saleh took a while to become good and then demeco was here for years before he took over, very different situations. Just need to be a little patient - it's week 3. If our guys are getting beat like we stole something in week 13 - I'll be worried
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:
never ever overlook an NFL team.

Giants are a mess and missing Barkley.

that said Jones has some wheels when he needs to.

lets see what you got Wilks.

The D is pissed about last week, revenge game! Going to blow them away!

Or Wilks goes back to soft zone and Jones looks like all world against our D and becomes the talk to media outlets for the next 3 days until Sunday

Yea we've seen this story play out before. We makes avg guys (see Wentz, Tannehill, Fields, etc) look like legit pro bowl caliber quarterbacks.

hopefully we don't make this Jones breakout game
He's still getting a feel for his guys. Remember, these aren't his coaches or players. He couldn't change anything when he came in besides adding a few wrinkles. That takes a little to adjust to and identify what your guys do well with the new wrinkles.

i think we will be fine. I really liked how we adjusted in the second half of the rams games.

saleh took a while to become good and then demeco was here for years before he took over, very different situations. Just need to be a little patient - it's week 3. If our guys are getting beat like we stole something in week 13 - I'll be worried

Demco took until week 5 or so to really find his groove.

Was hoping Wilkes would be a faster start due to his tenure in the league.

I do like his half time adjustment on Sunday.

Arrows up.
Our league leading rusher, CMC, about to put harm on the giants

Arrows up.

Yeah, I feel good about it! I think we will be just fine - just need to be a little patient. We are so used to ridiculous defense that so many in here panic when the other team gets a first down. This Sunday was bad in the first half but it was one half
I'm going to have to listen to this game on the radio station, so even though it's on Amazon, which stations will be broadcasting the game? Help me, please lol
[ Edited by mrbusinessman499 on Sep 19, 2023 at 9:20 PM ]
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I'm going to have to listen to this game on the radio station, so even though it's on Amazon, which stations will be broadcasting the game? Help me, please lol
107.7 the bone
Originally posted by kray28:
49ers 34
Giants 20

34-13
Is it Thursday yet? Let's crush these fools
I'm starting Purdy over Burrow this week. I hope I'm doing the right thing and Brock proves me right.
Pound these vagiants

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Arrows up.

Yeah, I feel good about it! I think we will be just fine - just need to be a little patient. We are so used to ridiculous defense that so many in here panic when the other team gets a first down. This Sunday was bad in the first half but it was one half

I liked what Wilks said about his adjustments. He started to bring pressure in the 2nd half. Once the turnovers started, the Rams couldn't adjust against it, and run out of it and resulted in a 2nd turnover. Once that happened, Safford had to keep passing at that point. Game over. Hopefully it will be the same for the Giant's but sooner - like in the first quarter, since Giants have no real run game. Matt Breida is their best run weapon, in my opinion, and this defense will shut him down.

What's the process been like for you to just be up in the booth calling the past two games and just getting a feel for your guys and what positions to put them in, which buttons to push? Is it just a year-long process or do you get more kind of in the focus of what you expect out of your guys?
"Well, I think it's going to constantly be evolving throughout the year, but I don't think it's going to take, if I'm following your question correctly, a season to get a feel for what we want to do. I think you get a feel throughout the course of the game, and I think you saw that the second half and the adjustments that we made when we came out. With our defensive line, I try to allow those guys to settle in and go play. I try not to do a lot, but it turned into a game that [Los Angeles Rams QB Matthew] Stafford was getting rid of the ball quickly. So, you didn't really see the effect of what we are capable of doing up front because they didn't have an opportunity to do that. So, I had to adjust to be able to give those guys time. And the only way you can give them time is to get stickier in coverage on the backend."

Arrows up.

The difference is Ryans was an internal higher so he was continuing a system it was more about him finding a groove as a DC

For Wilks he has his own system its very similar (cover 3 heavy) but he has a tough job of bringing his own touches and also keeping what worked. They will be a lot of self scouting which you can only get by game tape. So assuming no injuries I fully expect the D to be a lot better at the end of the season. I have 0 concerns about his coaching ability everywhere he goes people mentioned how great he is .He has gotten a lot out of very untalented teams
Originally posted by Giedi:

Arrows up.

I liked what Wilks said about his adjustments. He started to bring pressure in the 2nd half. Once the turnovers started, the Rams couldn't adjust against it, and run out of it and resulted in a 2nd turnover. Once that happened, Safford had to keep passing at that point. Game over. Hopefully it will be the same for the Giant's but sooner - like in the first quarter, since Giants have no real run game. Matt Breida is their best run weapon, in my opinion, and this defense will shut him down.

What's the process been like for you to just be up in the booth calling the past two games and just getting a feel for your guys and what positions to put them in, which buttons to push? Is it just a year-long process or do you get more kind of in the focus of what you expect out of your guys?
"Well, I think it's going to constantly be evolving throughout the year, but I don't think it's going to take, if I'm following your question correctly, a season to get a feel for what we want to do. I think you get a feel throughout the course of the game, and I think you saw that the second half and the adjustments that we made when we came out. With our defensive line, I try to allow those guys to settle in and go play. I try not to do a lot, but it turned into a game that [Los Angeles Rams QB Matthew] Stafford was getting rid of the ball quickly. So, you didn't really see the effect of what we are capable of doing up front because they didn't have an opportunity to do that. So, I had to adjust to be able to give those guys time. And the only way you can give them time is to get stickier in coverage on the backend."

I just wish they would of adjusted earlier than at Halftime. You could easily tell whatever they were doing in the first half was being greatly exposed by Stafford.
I fully expect

[ Edited by Montana on Sep 20, 2023 at 6:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone