There are 129 users in the forums

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Man I know this team is locked in but Kyles gotta make sure they are really focused on this game cause it seems like such a show up and win game.

I hope they rotate the other RBs in a lot more. Mini bye after this game and we need to keep CMC as fresh as possible. May need extra play time in week 5.

Get a big early lead and rest CMC, Deebo, Bosa, Warner and Kittle after halftime.

I like it!
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Dallas beat Giants 40-0
Saquon Barkley is not playing
The 49ers will make the playoffs even if they lose to the Giants this Thur
The 49ers need to win by at least > 17 points for this game to mean something significant

False. They just need to win and no major injuries. This isn't gymnastics, style points don't matter.
I don't like games where EVERYTHING points to us just blowing out the team. It makes it a disappointment if we don't.
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Sep 20, 2023 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Dallas beat Giants 40-0
The 49ers need to win by at least > 17 points for this game to mean something significant

False. They just need to win and no major injuries. This isn't gymnastics, style points don't matter.

Not style points (17, 20,24, whatever), looking for dominance against a "common opponent". Just about everyone thinks the 49ers will win the game.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I don't like games where EVERYTHING points to us just blowing out the team. It makes it a disappointment if we don't.

Yeah I was upset we only beat the Rams by 7. I seriously underestimated how good Stafford is.
Dallas beat Giants 40-0

Not style points (17, 20,24, whatever), looking for dominance against a "common opponent". Just about everyone thinks the 49ers will win the game.

So technically, points against a common opponent are like the 5th tier in the tiebreaker situation, so I guess in that regard, it matters (albeit very little).
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Yeah I was upset we only beat the Rams by 7. I seriously underestimated how good Stafford is.

We all did. He looks healthy again, they had a really good game plan. Their entire team was under estimated - when guys can play without expectations, they're typically a lot more loose and impactful. It was a good lesson and glad we came away with the W
Dallas beat Giants 40-0

Agreed. Just win and no injuries! All I care about.

Would be great to win every game 50-0 but its not realistic even with all the injuries Giants have, especially on a short week.

But if they want to put on a show and blow out the Giants in primetime and then relax til doing the same thing to Arizona next week before the big showdown vs Dallas(also a win), i'm good.
Dallas beat Giants 40-0

So technically, points against a common opponent are like the 5th tier in the tiebreaker situation, so I guess in that regard, it matters (albeit very little).

For final seedings, I doubt it ever goes past the 3rd tier. This year, assuming no injuries, getting into the playoffs is most likely a given (NFC does not have > 6 good teams). For the 49ers, it should be all about Dallas and Eagles. How can they be better than those two, every week. The more proof we get to see, the more likely this season will end well. Else, once again, same old result in the playoffs, which I understand, some fans are ok with.
I can't believe it's football eve already

Dallas beat Giants 40-0

But we need to prove to skip baylees we are better than dallas!
Ok, so now Saquon has officially been ruled out. Is anyone as un-shocked as I am?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Ok, so now Saquon has officially been ruled out. Is anyone as un-shocked as I am?

I'm more shocked they didn't wait until tomorrow to announce it.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

I'm flabbergasted.
For final seedings, I doubt it ever goes past the 3rd tier. This year, assuming no injuries, getting into the playoffs is most likely a given (NFC does not have > 6 good teams). For the 49ers, it should be all about Dallas and Eagles. How can they be better than those two, every week. The more proof we get to see, the more likely this season will end well. Else, once again, same old result in the playoffs, which I understand, some fans are ok with.

My only goal is SB victory. Style points in September are of very little value. But getting home field and bye is of prime importance.
Share 49ersWebzone