There are 142 users in the forums

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs GIANTS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 3

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Ok, so now Saquon has officially been ruled out. Is anyone as un-shocked as I am?

I'm more shocked they didn't wait until tomorrow to announce it.

I'm sure there is some rule where they have to announce what the doctors have confirmed. That would be my guess. It has a lot to do with stuff like Betting too. The nfl doesn't have rules just for the games, they have it for the media/partnerships etc.
Ok, so now Saquon has officially been ruled out. Is anyone as un-shocked as I am?

I'm more shocked they didn't wait until tomorrow to announce it.

Well they only had about another hour and a half left, before they had to give his status to the league. If there really was a chance of him playing, they could list him as doubtful. But if there really is no chance of a player playing, and they are listed as anything but out, the team can be fined if the NFL finds out.
Also announced, LT Andrew Thomas is out! LG Ben Bredeson, and edge rusher Azeez Ojulari are out. Giants missing 4 starters, including the entire left side of the o-line.
Also announced, LT Andrew Thomas is out! LG Ben Bredeson, and edge rusher Azeez Ojulari are out. Giants missing 4 starters, including the entire left side of the o-line.

man we need to try and beat what the cowboys did, I think they had like 7 sacks on the giants in week 1. I'm hoping we break that. muahahah

as long as Evan Neal is playing we should be in business lol
I hope everyone realizes that almost every team is struggling oline wise, not just us. we actually have a pretty good starting unit, it's just our depth that is suspect but that is across the league. just a massive shortage of quality O lineman in the NFL right now.
3-0 is starring at us right in the face
Originally posted by tankle104:

man we need to try and beat what the cowboys did, I think they had like 7 sacks on the giants in week 1. I'm hoping we break that. muahahah

Are the Giants going to even try to pass? If they do I assume they are all going to be super quick. Daniel Jones I think will do a lot of running. Maybe we should spy him.

Our CBs should be up next to the WRs and maybe even bump them.
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Sep 20, 2023 at 1:01 PM ]
If Niners don't win this game by atleast 3 scores I will be concerned.

Are the Giants going to even try to pass? If they do I assume they are all going to be super quick. Daniel Jones I think will do a lot of running. Maybe we should spy him.

i can see them doing what the Rams did but Jones is no Stafford. people can say what they want but stafford was making some really nice throws and has a really fast release.

I think we will see 3 ints by jones and 8 sacks.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

as long as Evan Neal is playing we should be in business lol

Well that clip against the Cardinals showed Neal blocking against the Invisible Man. And he'll probably be lining up against Nick Bosa - who is also The Invisible Man right now. So it's a wash of a match-up. I don't know what happened to Neal, he was a beast at Alabama. I can't believe the Giants' coaching can be THAT bad.
Well that clip against the Cardinals showed Neal blocking against the Invisible Man. And he'll probably be lining up against Nick Bosa - who is also The Invisible Man right now. So it's a wash of a match-up. I don't know what happened to Neal, he was a beast at Alabama. I can't believe the Giants' coaching can be THAT bad.

So Bosa is considered invisable because he has no sacks so far? PFF had him as the highest graded player with a 93.0 grade. He had 5 pressures and created 2 holding penalties.

We'll probably see quick throws, but jones is no Stafford. Slayton has speed, but the Giants WR's really don't have that quick twitch in the short passing game. Jones will run for sure, but that's not sustainable with the way our defense hits. Warner is almost a spy on every play it seems like. Hopefully Wilkes will tighten up that soft zone we used against the Rams, but I don't know how much bump/press coverage we'd use. Ward has got the length and coverage skills to pull it off, but that's about it.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

It's a Thursday game, just want to put it behind us and take the mini bye week
Originally posted by JTB1974:

If Jones plays like he did in the second half, it'll be a close game.
Share 49ersWebzone