There are 185 users in the forums

49ERS vs COWBOYS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs COWBOYS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 5

Originally posted by Montana:

Originally posted by tankle104:
I'd like to see us have a similar gameplan to last year but maybe slightly more aggressive in the pass game - if we aren't under the same pressure as we were last year. Brock was pressured like 48% of the time last time we played them.

i think CMC is more crisp than last year and will be extremely impactful, especially in the underneath game.

i just expect us to attack a little more in the pass game, if protection holds up. I just don't want this to be a 3 point game going into the fourth. I hope we have at least a 10 pt lead going into the fourth, otherwise idk if my heart can handle it. Hahaha

It's a regular season game… you'll be fine, lol.

Win and health. Anything beyond that is a bonus to me.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I want to get Mason involved early in the game, because I feel like the Cowboys are gonna come in head hunting to start the game, and to win this one we need at least 30-35 rushing attempts.

Yeah, I want mason or Mitchell to be more involved but I do worry about mason fumbling it. CMC needs to be relieved some, especially since we are only five weeks into the season.

a big key will be our pass pro holding up, which I know sounds obvious, but last time we played them they got tremendous pressure on Brock. McG was man handled. Lol if our pass pro can hold up better - I think brock will dissect them. He's had a chance to play them before and study the film, I think he will be much better and efficient. Just no turnovers
  • kray28
  • Veteran

not sure how this is a TWP…..? If they're counting stuff like this then idk how reliable that stat is. I'm one of the guys who think that stat is a cool piece of data but what the hell is this?

Bias
Originally posted by kray28:

not sure how this is a TWP…..? If they're counting stuff like this then idk how reliable that stat is. I'm one of the guys who think that stat is a cool piece of data but what the hell is this?

Bias

Grasping @ straws

Bias

they might as well call it a compleition because its closer to that than a TO
Originally posted by ritz126:

Bias

they might as well call it a compleition because its closer to that than a TO

That is because it is obviously not the play that was credited as TW with the evidence that I provided a couple of pages back. That twitter dude doesn't know wtf he is talking about.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
That is because it is obviously not the play that was credited as TW with the evidence that I provided a couple of pages back. That twitter dude doesn't know wtf he is talking about.

I still don't think the play that was credited as TWP was TW. It's no biggie - is what it is.

i can't wait for us to smoke the cowgirls and watch dak have a mental break down.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

I still don't think the play that was credited as TWP was TW. It's no biggie - is what it is.

i can't wait for us to smoke the cowgirls and watch dak have a mental break down.

I am not saying that I agree with it either. Less than accurate? Yes. Turnover worthy? Highly questionable.

this was such a gorgeous play. I was thinking last night at how our defense struggled in some aspects (relative to what we've been accustomed to seeing out of them over the last couple years). Then I thought how it must be to be a cards fan, or any team that's played us fan.

imagine us letting someone go 20/21 with a passing and rushing TD, RB getting 4 touchdowns and 170 scrimmage yards. Etc. Lol only one punt. This place would be in full meltdown mode.

i watched more games than usual this weekend and i gotta say, I'm grateful to have the defense we do. They have a lot to improve but are by no means a bad defense.
this was such a gorgeous play. I was thinking last night at how our defense struggled in some aspects (relative to what we've been accustomed to seeing out of them over the last couple years). Then I thought how it must be to be a cards fan, or any team that's played us fan.

imagine us letting someone go 20/21 with a passing and rushing TD, RB getting 4 touchdowns and 170 scrimmage yards. Etc. Lol only one punt. This place would be in full meltdown mode.

i watched more games than usual this weekend and i gotta say, I'm grateful to have the defense we do. They have a lot to improve but are by no means a bad defense.

very possible to not go 21/21 on air
my guess is we will spank the Boys so hard, the 'perfect season' chatter will begin, and we then fall to Cleveland
After giving it some more thought. I would like to see the all-22 of that 42 yarder to BA. I read it somewhere or maybe I heard it on the broadcast that Brock released that ball before BA even made his break. There were 2 defenders in coverage and the ball was inaccurate in reference to where BA was when the ball arrived and how great of a catch he made. He caught it in stride but those defenders were right on him. I personally don't think that either defender had a shot at intercepting the ball. But they both seemed to be playing BA rather than the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone