There are 155 users in the forums

49ERS vs COWBOYS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs COWBOYS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 5

Originally posted by YACBros85:
After giving it some more thought. I would like to see the all-22 of that 42 yarder to BA. I read it somewhere or maybe I heard it on the broadcast that Brock released that ball before BA even made his break. There were 2 defenders in coverage and the ball was inaccurate in reference to where BA was when the ball arrived and how great of a catch he made. He caught it in stride but those defenders were right on him. I personally don't think that either defender had a shot at intercepting the ball. But they both seemed to be playing BA rather than the ball.
BA looked surprised when the ball was going his way and made the right adjustments to get the ball. from my seats, i thought that was going to be an incomplete pass
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
This one could be a bruiser that's going to come down to the last few drives.

Defense is needs to be a little tighter

O is going to face some real pressure

should be a good one.
After giving it some more thought. I would like to see the all-22 of that 42 yarder to BA. I read it somewhere or maybe I heard it on the broadcast that Brock released that ball before BA even made his break. There were 2 defenders in coverage and the ball was inaccurate in reference to where BA was when the ball arrived and how great of a catch he made. He caught it in stride but those defenders were right on him. I personally don't think that either defender had a shot at intercepting the ball. But they both seemed to be playing BA rather than the ball.

I seen it earlier. I really didn't pay much attention to when Brock released it. But the ball was a bit out in front of BA and he reached out and grabbed. the pass wasn't in danger of being intercepted at all. Either BA catches it or it bounces off his fingertips and hits the ground.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
BA looked surprised when the ball was going his way and made the right adjustments to get the ball. from my seats, i thought that was going to be an incomplete pass

So where was the deep safety when the ball was released?
Kittle puts his stamp on the season in this game
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

So where was the deep safety when the ball was released?

Yup that's the question to ask. The broadcast said that Aiyuk had a step on them and that Brock under threw the ball But like you said YAC, depending where the deep middle was, he may have thrown it short on purpose
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yup that's the question to ask. The broadcast said that Aiyuk had a step on them and that Brock under threw the ball But like you said YAC, depending where the deep middle was, he may have thrown it short on purpose

from recalling the replay, i thought they showed it pretty well, the DBs were keeping depth on BA, so if you lead him, you are leading the ball into 2 defenders
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 2, 2023 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Hope so. He's been blocking his ass off in every game and not getting any rewards (targets) for it
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

from recalling the replay, i thought they showed it pretty well, the DBs were keeping depth on BA, so if you lead him, you are leading the ball into 2 defenders

That's what I thought as well, so I was confused when the broadcast team (I think Sanchez) said that Aiyuk had a step and Brock under threw him.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

That's what I thought as well, so I was confused when the broadcast team (I think Sanchez) said that Aiyuk had a step and Brock under threw him.

I don't recall the BA having a step part, not saying he didn't say it but I would have to re-listen, I do recall him saying it was underthrown, which is technically correct, but not all underthrows are bad, some are by design or ideal ball placement. It's like not leading your WR into a DB or into an INT, you may throw short and stop the receiver on an out route, for example. Basically throwing to open grass / space. This requires the guys being on the same page, and the WR able to adjust to a ball in air. There is a lot going on in football, that's what makes it such a good game

Hope so. He's been blocking his ass off in every game and not getting any rewards (targets) for it

Agreed. And I think he's the biggest mismatch this week in the passing game. But then again we will need him chipping/doubling Parsons so maybe it's not his week.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yup its time for Kittle to cook!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Agreed. And I think he's the biggest mismatch this week in the passing game. But then again we will need him chipping/doubling Parsons so maybe it's not his week.

Lol Kittle is the biggest mismatch but CMC will get all the TD's!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Lol Kittle is the biggest mismatch but CMC will get all the TD's!!!

I love it but my fantasy team having Aiyuk, Deebo and Kittle isn't gonna survive much longer with that.
Share 49ersWebzone