There are 152 users in the forums

49ERS vs COWBOYS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs COWBOYS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 5

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
That cowboys defense has faced the 20th, 25th, 26th & 38th ranked QB's this season. They are good but how good are they really? We'll find out Sunday night.

Which rank are you using?

Anyway I hope you're right. That defense scares me.

Doesn't really matter. If you look at where these QB's rank in efficiency stats, they are all in the bottom 12.
Run at Parsons and get him going side to side
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Run at Parsons and get him going side to side

Yup, bring the game to him. He will be exhausted in the second half.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I'm not nervous at all, win or lose the season isn't over. I love it! Since we finally get to see a real defense against our offense and a more potent offense against our defense.

Eh I consider the Steelers defense a real D. Jj watt is well on his way to earning DPOY and Minkah is an all pro. Highsmith is a double digit sack guy. Etc - that was a good test that we aced.

cowboys D matches up well with us, IMO. They're fast and athletic. Diggs will be a big loss for them but Aiyuk burned his ass a handful of times.

the real question is how will our right side hold up against Parsons… that's what worries me the most. Cardinals offense is ranked a top 10 DVOA and they ate up the cowboys D.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Oct 2, 2023 at 8:18 AM ]
i am looking forward the cowgirls press conference after the game where Jerry Jones gets all weepy and teary eyed after we beat their azz
PersonBehindAScreen· 44 min. ago
Jake Ferguson
Cowboys by 42

Jake Ferguson
Cowboys by 30

Gotta love the Cowboys fan's optimism, although his optimism did wane with the next post
[ Edited by TopDogBerkeley on Oct 2, 2023 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I'm not nervous at all, win or lose the season isn't over. I love it! Since we finally get to see a real defense against our offense and a more potent offense against our defense.

Eh I consider the Steelers defense a real D. Jj watt is well on his way to earning DPOY and Minkah is an all pro. Highsmith is a double digit sack guy. Etc - that was a good test that we aced.

cowboys D matches up well with us, IMO. They're fast and athletic. Diggs will be a big loss for them but Aiyuk burned his ass a handful of times.

the real question is how will our right side hold up against Parsons… that's what worries me the most. Cardinals offense is ranked a top 10 DVOA and they ate up the cowboys D.

Maybe it's the way the Steelers have utilized him, but Minkah's done very little this year to remain an all pro.

Hufanga all day.
At least we won't have to listen to Mark Sanchez. Joe and Troy may not be perfect but they're a step up from Sanchez.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Jake Ferguson
Cowboys by 42

Jake Ferguson
Cowboys by 30

Gotta love the Cowboys fan's optimism, although his optimism did wane with the next post

This cant be real
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
At least we won't have to listen to Mark Sanchez. Joe and Troy may not be perfect but they're a step up from Sanchez.

I am shocked at how bad he is.

I mean saying things that weren't even real.

Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I am shocked at how bad he is.

I mean saying things that weren't even real.

"He wasn't intending to throw to Aiyuk on that play"

Wtf?! Anyone who defends Mark Sanchez is trying too hard to be contrarians
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Oct 2, 2023 at 9:04 AM ]
This cant be real

two threads on Cowboys Reddit...
Originally posted by DrEll:

I trust Brock. I trust Kyle.
I DONT trust Wilks and his soft defensive calls…

Its really only been about 5 Drives this year that they were soft.

2 of them yesterday.

I still think he is just learning with this Defense. Expecting it to gel through the season.

Hate to say it but we're missing Jimmie Ward. He might not have been the best slot guy, but he's better than what we have now. And when Lenoir comes in to play slot, we get Adams on the outside, and he gets cooked.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Niners 70
Cowpokes 20
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
"He wasn't intending to throw to Aiyuk on that play"

Wtf?! Anyone who defends Mark Sanchez is trying too hard to be contrarians

I feel like sanchez has a chip on his shoulder calling games for a young player who is playing at a high level. Lol like he has something to prove. Brock is already a better qb and more polished than sanchez ever was in the league - that probably eats at his ego a lot.

its one thing for a high first round pick to come in and be better than you, but a 7th round pick? I think it bothers his ego. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone