Thats not a Cornerback....

Patrick Surtain is next
is he gonna sack Dak? let's get to the real questions
I thought he was released?
Hope this doesn't f**k up our rollover cap
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
So he has a $14M base salary and 13/17ths of that is $10.7M…

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.

Lol who cares. We have the cap. And it's not like he's signed for the next 5 years. Don't worry about Jed, he's got enough money.

You want to keep Aiyuk? Because this mindset is how you lose Aiyuk. Cap space can be carried over.

94 Mercenary gang
23 version
anyone else feelin randy from this move

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh, what the hell is going on?

Going all in this year

It's either that, or another kick in the pants for Drake. Both Lynch and Shanahan indicated at the end of last season that they expected more out of him. He did have a nice game against Pissburgh. But I haven't heard his name called since that first game. Can someone chime in on this? It could be that. I can't believe the 49ers would suddenly give up on Drake Jackson after less than two seasons. But I can believe they would give him proper motivation to make sure he makes an impact every Sunday.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
So he has a $14M base salary and 13/17ths of that is $10.7M…

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.

Lol who cares. We have the cap. And it's not like he's signed for the next 5 years. Don't worry about Jed, he's got enough money.

You want to keep Aiyuk? Because this mindset is how you lose Aiyuk. Cap space can be carried over.

Can he get to the QB in 1.5 seconds ? If not, traded for the wrong guy

Originally posted by billbird2111:
It's either that, or another kick in the pants for Drake. Both Lynch and Shanahan indicated at the end of last season that they expected more out of him. He did have a nice game against Pissburgh. But I haven't heard his name called since that first game. Can someone chime in on this? It could be that. I can't believe the 49ers would suddenly give up on Drake Jackson after less than two seasons. But I can believe they would give him proper motivation to make sure he makes an impact every Sunday.

I don't think it's any referendum on Drake. Can never have enough pass rush. What happens if Nick is out for a 4-6 week stretch? Can't be allowing QBs to hold the ball all day. Winning as a pass rusher is one of the most highly prized skills, in the game
I don't know about the character stuff, but the Niners badly needed someone opposite Bosa that could consistently win their 1-on-1s. Gregory is a big upgrade over Drake Jackson/Kerry Hyder in that department.
Hoping he can suit up for a few plays Sun night, see QB, get QB
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't know about the character stuff, but the Niners badly needed someone opposite Bosa that could consistently win their 1-on-1s. Gregory is a big upgrade over Drake Jackson/Kerry Hyder in that department.

Our depth is much better with Gregory relieving jackson instead of hyder. Significant upgrade.

now Gregory just has to rush the passer, which is what he does best, and has a ton of talent around him.
Share 49ersWebzone