49ERS vs BENGALS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 8

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs BENGALS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 8

Idk who this is but he's out
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Oct 27, 2023 at 11:20 AM ]
I picked 9ers but idk, now I feel not so Surtain about it
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
can't blame anyone with no faith right now

the bengals are arguably the best offense niners have faced so far (even better than the vikings), they absolutely have what it takes to exploit the niners weaknesses

plus Burrow is elite

This is a joke.

The Bengals are literally the WORST offense in the NFL as of TODAY. 32nd. They average 4.2 YPP!

Burrow was elite in 2021. He was not as good last year.

He has been terrible so far this year. Sure, he could suddenly be totally amazing after being trash for 5 games straight (people talking like he played better in their last 1-2 games crack me up, he was AWFUL against the seahawks (btw, seattle dominated that game and should have won)), but I doubt it. Is he better than he's played so far? Yes. Will a full return to form happen this week? I really f'ing doubt it.

Also, their defense? It sucks. 27th.

The Bengals have one of the worst yardage differentials in the NFL. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM.

We should f'ing roll them. End of story.
[ Edited by Dirtydonedirtcheap69 on Oct 27, 2023 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
This is a joke.

The Bengals are literally the WORST offense in the NFL as of TODAY. 32nd. They average 4.2 YPP!

He has been terrible so far this year. Sure, he could suddenly be totally amazing after being trash for 5 games straight (people talking like he played better in their last 1-2 games crack me up, he was AWFUL against the seahawks (btw, seattle dominated that game and should have won)), but I doubt it. Is he better than he's played so far? Yes. Will a full return to form happen this week? I really f'ing doubt it.

The Bengals have one of the worst yardage differentials in the NFL. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM.

I didnt realize throwing for 4,400 yds 35 td and 12 int will get you the "he sucks" label

Burrow is also recovering from an injury and has been getting better each game. Don't sleep on Joe!!!
Originally posted by miked1978:
This is a joke.

I didnt realize throwing for 4,400 yds 35 td and 12 int will get you the "he sucks" label

Burrow is also recovering from an injury and has been getting better each game. Don't sleep on Joe!!!

Where did I say that again?

Yeah, I didn't. I said he wasn't as good in 2022 as he was in 2021. I can make a very solid statistical argument on that.

He has absolutely sucked this year. It's not debatable. Yes, I get he's been hurt - but I believe there's some regression going on here.

His arm is no stronger than Jimmy G's - I believe the league is catching onto him. I believe the Bengals made a huge mistake giving him that contract.

If he ends up throwing for 4k this year (he won't) I'll be back and I'll admit I was wrong.

the bengals are arguably the best offense niners have faced so far (even better than the vikings), they absolutely have what it takes to exploit the niners weaknesses

plus Burrow is elite

we all thought the same thing about the browns and vikings

plus Burrow is elite

we all thought the same thing about the browns and vikings

The Browns had/have the #1 defense in the NFL and they ragdolled Burrow. They have been WAY better than the Bengals this year.

The Vikings came into our game statistically looking slightly better than they did last year. It's well documented our defense played horribly in that game. Regardless we're still a far better team than Cincy. They are as bad as anyone we've played this year.
With Trent Williams being questionable I think he ends up playing

plus Burrow is elite

If the DL can't get to Burrows ( which I think they will ) It could be a long day for the secondary.
Now the Eagles are going after the Colts pro bowl cb Kenny Moore. You don't add a Burns on the dline opposite Bosa or a Surtain in the backfield, you might as well hand the LAPhilly RaEagles the Lombardi, they're buying one. Another team will use our backs as a spring board to a championship 🤬

with how s**t our defense has been I think we are going to lose 3 in a row
  • bud49
  • Veteran
When the 49ers play someone I never like hearing "well their opponent has been giving up tons of yards in the running game" or "they are last in this catergory." Guess what the Vikings were suppose to be bad in several areas too but they beat us. Goes the same for the Browns backup QB and OLmen out and the 49ers were favored by double digits. Every team in the NFL can beat another team on a given Sunday. I will never call a victory until the clock strikes 0 at the 4th quarter is over.
Originally posted by socal1632:
Now the Eagles are going after the Colts pro bowl cb Kenny Moore. You don't add a Burns on the dline opposite Bosa or a Surtain in the backfield, you might as well hand the LAPhilly RaEagles the Lombardi, they're buying one. Another team will use our backs as a spring board to a championship 🤬

I'm sure Lynch is trying to add some help but he has to be willing to part with enough draft picks to make any deal. Surtain would cost multiple picks Since the Niners are going to be picking late again it would probably take a 1st, 2nd and maybe a 5th to get him. If we did that I'm sure fans will be pissed off next draft when we can't get a top O lineman. I would do it since Surtain is a known commodity when any draft picks are going to be question marks. I think we need that stud corner more than another edge rusher. The line is better on paper than it was last year. They just aren't living up to their billing. They already added some help there. Let's see how he works out.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
with how s**t our defense has been I think we are going to lose 3 in a row

It is concerning going against Burrow. I am not super hopeful about it at the moment. At least it sounds like BP is coming back, hope it isn't too soon though. If defense sucks on Sun, there really needs to be some changes.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk who this is but he's out

Rook RB, not frequently used, you don't know about the Brothers?
good vid if interested
just click the watch on youtube to view

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 27, 2023 at 4:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone