Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 172 users in the forums

49ERS vs BENGALS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 8

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs BENGALS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 8

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
with how s**t our defense has been I think we are going to lose 3 in a row

It is concerning going against Burrow. I am not super hopeful about it at the moment. At least it sounds like BP is coming back, hope it isn't too soon though. If defense sucks on Sun, there really needs to be some changes.

If they play like they have been playing we lose for sure. They need to play much better. They good news is they are capable of exactly that. They just need to do it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It is concerning going against Burrow. I am not super hopeful about it at the moment. At least it sounds like BP is coming back, hope it isn't too soon though. If defense sucks on Sun, there really needs to be some changes.

If they play like they have been playing we lose for sure. They need to play much better. They good news is they are capable of exactly that. They just need to do it.

Burrow, maybe the bye helped him, but he's been scuffling most of the year. I recall we went into Cincy and got the W, this was the year they went to the SB. Beat them in their house.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Burrow, maybe the bye helped him, but he's been scuffling most of the year. I recall we went into Cincy and got the W, this was the year they went to the SB. Beat them in their house.

Either team is capable. Losing 3 in a row after our start is unthinkable. They have to win. Burrow is dangerous with his outside weapons and our defense has been horrible. Way below their capability.

Seems like Wilks has a hard time stepping out of his comfort zone/what he's used to doing. Like a dude set in his ways. The fact that he has to push himself to do it, well meh.
Hopefully it'll be Sacktoberfest on Sunday. Bosa with 3, Gregs with 2, Armstead, the Javon's, Ferrell, Warner, and Hufanga all with 1 each. 10 total.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Hopefully it'll be Sacktoberfest on Sunday. Bosa with 3, Gregs with 2, Armstead, the Javon's, Ferrell, Warner, and Hufanga all with 1 each. 10 total.

I'd expect it to be a blowout if the defense beats the s**t outta the QB like that.
Bungles 20
49ers 27
Originally posted by 49erKing:

It would be nice to end Brocktober on a high note

Actually I believe that was the year the Lambs won it all. We lost in the NFCCG the usual KS10 mode.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

Actually I believe that was the year the Lambs won it all. We lost in the NFCCG the usual KS10 mode.
Kyle doesn't play in the game

Burrow has a track record of going on tears after the bye week. Plus it's a must win game for them. So you can expect the best version of Burrow this Sunday. Defense better bring their A++ game.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
After the last 2 Games, I have gone from Expecting to win to Hoping to win.

Pretty much, figured with the big injuries both CLE and MIN had, the niners would have handled business. But also didn't factor in the D playing so poorly
has it seemed our DL is focused on closing the pocket (what we used to do with scrambling QBs) rather than attack the QB with multiple stunts/mismatches ?
Yes let's get back to attacking the qb

if Brock throws a pick, does that still mean he's concussed?
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
if Brock throws a pick, does that still mean he's concussed?

Yes absolutely
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
After the last 2 Games, I have gone from Expecting to win to Hoping to win.

Pretty much, figured with the big injuries both CLE and MIN had, the niners would have handled business. But also didn't factor in the D playing so poorly
has it seemed our DL is focused on closing the pocket (what we used to do with scrambling QBs) rather than attack the QB with multiple stunts/mismatches ?
Yes let's get back to attacking the qb

No doubt. Your scheme isn't working & after that last ass whooping Kyle needs to make him change something up
Share 49ersWebzone