Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 163 users in the forums

49ERS vs BENGALS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 8

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs BENGALS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 8

Bounce back game for Steve Wilks and the defense.

think it into existence!
this would be a great game to lean on the run game, run it 40 times and we win!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
with how s**t our defense has been I think we are going to lose 3 in a row

It is concerning going against Burrow. I am not super hopeful about it at the moment. At least it sounds like BP is coming back, hope it isn't too soon though. If defense sucks on Sun, there really needs to be some changes.

If they play like they have been playing we lose for sure. They need to play much better. They good news is they are capable of exactly that. They just need to do it.

Burrow, maybe the bye helped him, but he's been scuffling most of the year. I recall we went into Cincy and got the W, this was the year they went to the SB. Beat them in their house.

He's been sacked a lot this year. The last 4 games it's been 3,3,3, and 2 times. I imagine there have been a few pressures in there as well.Maybe this week the D can get some sacks. If they can't then we know there's something wrong with the D line.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 28, 2023 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
with how s**t our defense has been I think we are going to lose 3 in a row

It is concerning going against Burrow. I am not super hopeful about it at the moment. At least it sounds like BP is coming back, hope it isn't too soon though. If defense sucks on Sun, there really needs to be some changes.

If they play like they have been playing we lose for sure. They need to play much better. They good news is they are capable of exactly that. They just need to do it.

Burrow, maybe the bye helped him, but he's been scuffling most of the year. I recall we went into Cincy and got the W, this was the year they went to the SB. Beat them in their house.

Actually I believe that was the year the Lambs won it all. We lost in the NFCCG the usual KS10 mode.
Kyle doesn't play in the game

No he controls it and makes those crap calls close to the end of games. We all know how it works.
Sam Bam Boo shows why he IS STEVE YOUNGER and throws for 4 TDs !!

SF 31
CINCY 27
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
if Brock throws a pick, does that still mean he's concussed?

BCB cleared and ready to pound the 😺
Originally posted by 9moon:

SF 31
CINCY 27

Totally not a Steve Young, never

And he isn't playing 🙂

Hope BP isn't pushing himself and that Wilks doesn't fk this up. I don't think he has it in him to be a SB DC..we have a guy like BP just to have this guy who doesn't have the skills to screw it up. Yeah, adjustments can be made, I have 0 faith in this guy though.

SF 31
CINCY 27

And he isn't playing 🙂

Hope BP isn't pushing himself and that Wilks doesn't fk this up. I don't think he has it in him to be a SB DC..we have a guy like BP just to have this guy who doesn't have the skills to screw it up. Yeah, adjustments can be made, I have 0 faith in this guy though.

Unfortunately I believe you may be right...I guess the biggest loss we had was Demeco Ryan's. Hope to God we're wrong though.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
if Brock throws a pick, does that still mean he's concussed?

SF 31
CINCY 27

And he isn't playing 🙂

Unfortunately I believe you may be right...I guess the biggest loss we had was Demeco Ryan's. Hope to God we're wrong though.

I'm down on Wilks right now, hopefully Kyle and him focused on the defense a little more this week…
Originally posted by RonMexico:

SF 31
CINCY 27

And he isn't playing 🙂

I'm down on Wilks right now, hopefully Kyle and him focused on the defense a little more this week…

They have to turn this around and quickly if we want to win it all. Kyle needs to have a serious sit down with his D coaches and watch the film and find where the problem is. It's why the head coach should not be the o coordinator unless they have someone like Mike McDaniel to set up the offensive play calls. We had our staff raided too much over the years. Now we have the players and not the staff.
win or lose. its going to be a good niner game this sunday!
This one just feels like a loss to me. I hope I'm wrong though. 5-3 going into the hardest part of the schedule would be bad news. From the clear cut #1 to a suspect playoff team.
Share 49ersWebzone