There are 192 users in the forums

Thoughts on Richard Sherman at DC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No one needs a celebrity DC. If he wants to, he'll start as an assistant and work his way up.
I made this joke last week, just because of the segment where Sherman really called out Wilks for changing all the things that weren't broken. Sherman said all the things that it would take to get us back to where we were, but I think most people can see that too. I like Sherm's enthusiasm, dude is incredibly smart both in IQ and football knowledge, and he still seems to really love the 49ers. I saw one segment where he was really talking up the 49ers, and Skip says "But I thought you were a Seattle guy?" Sherman said "I am both, because both of those teams changed my life and provided for my family" - and I thought that was one of the classiest things I've ever heard. But, to jump straight from a player to DC, with no experience in-between? Just not likely.
From segments on total access and nfl live.. he's clearly a film guy. Breakdown and studying are his strong suits.

however I think tv is spot. If not, he'd probably be best suited as a Def backs coach, not necessarily a DC.
What about this guy?

Saw someone mention it..I can't say it is a bad idea:)
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 5, 2023 at 3:24 AM ]
I thought about it... anywho...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I thought about it... anywho...

Definitely a better energy than Wilks too. Could see him firing up players on the sideline, no doubt.
Smart dude, I'm all about it
Anyone is better than Wilks.
Washington DC?
Originally posted by Montana:
What about this guy?

Yes this is the best non experienced DC based on his knowledge and how he beaks down the niners D mistakes in the Comcast post game show. He was a awesome hit machine as a player. Hitner lol. I'd take him over Wilks.

Originally posted by RDB4216:
I made this joke last week, just because of the segment where Sherman really called out Wilks for changing all the things that weren't broken. Sherman said all the things that it would take to get us back to where we were, but I think most people can see that too. I like Sherm's enthusiasm, dude is incredibly smart both in IQ and football knowledge, and he still seems to really love the 49ers. I saw one segment where he was really talking up the 49ers, and Skip says "But I thought you were a Seattle guy?" Sherman said "I am both, because both of those teams changed my life and provided for my family" - and I thought that was one of the classiest things I've ever heard. But, to jump straight from a player to DC, with no experience in-between? Just not likely.

Very good post!
Originally posted by Montana:
What about this guy?

ONLY MOON can come up w/this great idea !!!
Share 49ersWebzone