LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 222 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With over half the season over I thought it would be good to track the playoff standings.

1) 49ers 12-4 (10-1) (5-0)*
2) Cowboys 11-5 (8-3)
3) Lions 11-5 (7-4)
4) Bucs 8-8 (6-5)
5) Eagles 11-5 (7-4)
6) Rams 9-7 (7-4) (4-1)*
7) Seahawks 8-7 (6-5) (1-4)*
------------------------------------

Tie Breaking procedure:

1) Head to Head record
2a) Division Record*
2b) Conference record
3) Best win-loss record in common game
* Indicates tiebreaker within the division
----------------------------------------------------------------
Teams we own head to head over:
Cowboys, Bucs, Eagles. Seahawks

Teams that own head-to-head over us:
Vikings
[ Edited by ritz126 on Dec 31, 2023 at 5:44 PM ]
good thread

playoff machine is LIVE

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Some notes after week 11
1) With an Eagles win in order to jump them in the rankings they essentially need to lose one more game in their season outside to us
2) Since we don't play the Lions and we don't have the head-to-head tiebreaker we will have to end up with a better conference record. The Lions and us have the same conference record as of now. Essentially 1 more Lions loss to an NFC team puts us ahead of them in the rankings
3) Us losing to the Vikings in terms of a tie-breaking procedure is meaningless as long as we win the division (don't see Vikings catching up to the Lions)
[ Edited by ritz126 on Nov 21, 2023 at 7:08 PM ]
Just win out and let the cards fall where they may.
I originally had the Eagles beating the Chiefs in my internal playoff picture in my head. We will beat them in Philly and Cowboys will also beat them. I still tand firm on this belief. It's up to the Niners to win out
So where are we now? Are we the #2 seed should we win with the Lions loss today? You can't count a win until you get it. But if we do is what I'm asking.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So where are we now? Are we the #2 seed should we win with the Lions loss today? You can't count a win until you get it. But if we do is what I'm asking.

Yep. By way of superior conference record.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Yep. By way of superior conference record.

Oh that's great. We got to win now.

yup we have the better conference record so we are #2 (ill update it at end of Sunday's game)

If we win today and Eagles lose on Sunday against the Bills its best case scenario. With us playing the Eagles next week if we win that game we have the tie breaker and would take the #1 seed
Originally posted by ritz126:

yup we have the better conference record so we are #2 (ill update it at end of Sunday's game)

If we win today and Eagles lose on Sunday against the Bills its best case scenario. With us playing the Eagles next week if we win that game we have the tie breaker and would take the #1 seed

Time to update!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Originally posted by ritz126:

Yup. And control our own destiny at that point.
How do the Lions have such a good record? I had no idea they were good.

They've outscored their opponents by a total of 36, whereas the 49ers have by 140.

The division thing is stupid. I don't see the point in conferences either. Just put the best teams in the playoffs. You always have these .500 or below division winners.
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Nov 24, 2023 at 7:14 AM ]
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
How do the Lions have such a good record? I had no idea they were good.

They've outscored their opponents by a total of 36, whereas the 49ers have by 140.

Cake schedule
Share 49ersWebzone