LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 224 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Still a significantly harder slate than what the Eagles had last year.

Definitely with Brock's injury.

They had a cake walk in the NFC Championship game. Multiple QB's were injured. It was a gimmie game for them. No challenge at all.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
We're getting the #1 seed but I'm still not sure I like that. It all but guarantees we play both Dallas and Philly again. I k ow we can handle it, but it's undoubtedly the most difficult road to Vegas.

Come on. That's crazy talk. 1 week off, rest, heal injuries, be more fresh and healthy, homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. That's always most valuable. There is no exception to that. That's always what you want. Including this year.

Given the beatdowns we've given both, I honestly fear no team in the NFC.
At all. Especially on our home turf, in a cold weather game.

To me, eliminating both Dallas and Philadelphia in the same playoff run is just so satisfying. Not sure which AFC team I'd want to destroy the most. Maybe Mahomes/Chiefs for revenge? Maybe the Dolphins, because that'd be a fun match-up?

I don't want the Chiefs at all. They Dolphins are scary with Tyreek. We have seen him get behind our defense. The Ravens have Lamar and running QB's cause big problems for this defense. Those are the biggest problems.

If the 49ers are as good as we think they are, I want Mahomes/Chiefs, then Lamar/Ravens , in that order (for revenge)....

Now we have a team that's truly worthy of winning the bowl, a lot more than just being maybe good enough with all the right things in place.

Under Garoppolo, the only team we consistently beat up was the Packers. And that was mostly the defense doing the job, and the Packers defense wasn't quite great.

Oh yeah, I guess the Rams too....

Other than that, wins against teams were never dominant like we're seeing with Purdy.

The Niners DVOA on offense is actually better than defense from what I'm seeing. We still very much see this as a "defensive" team, but it's far less of one than say the Harbaugh teams were.

We finally look to have the right formula. The defense will get better in the postseason for sure....

I'm not worried about anything but player health.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
We're getting the #1 seed but I'm still not sure I like that. It all but guarantees we play both Dallas and Philly again. I k ow we can handle it, but it's undoubtedly the most difficult road to Vegas.

Come on. That's crazy talk. 1 week off, rest, heal injuries, be more fresh and healthy, homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. That's always most valuable. There is no exception to that. That's always what you want. Including this year.

Given the beatdowns we've given both, I honestly fear no team in the NFC.
At all. Especially on our home turf, in a cold weather game.

To me, eliminating both Dallas and Philadelphia in the same playoff run is just so satisfying. Not sure which AFC team I'd want to destroy the most. Maybe Mahomes/Chiefs for revenge? Maybe the Dolphins, because that'd be a fun match-up?

I don't want the Chiefs at all. They Dolphins are scary with Tyreek. We have seen him get behind our defense. The Ravens have Lamar and running QB's cause big problems for this defense. Those are the biggest problems.

If the 49ers are as good as we think they are, I want Mahomes/Chiefs, then Lamar/Ravens , in that order (for revenge)....

Now we have a team that's truly worthy of winning the bowl, a lot more than just being maybe good enough with all the right things in place.

Under Garoppolo, the only team we consistently beat up was the Packers. And that was mostly the defense doing the job, and the Packers defense wasn't quite great.

Oh yeah, I guess the Rams too....

Other than that, wins against teams were never dominant like we're seeing with Purdy.

The Niners DVOA on offense is actually better than defense from what I'm seeing. We still very much see this as a "defensive" team, but it's far less of one than say the Harbaugh teams were.

We finally look to have the right formula. The defense will get better in the postseason for sure....

I'm not worried about anything but player health.

One thing that has to be factored into the defensive rating is when we get such a lead sometimes the defense will play to prevent big plays and keep everything in front of them that way the other team is burning clock too

So the yards or conversions whatever might add up on the stat sheet
Hey, anyone remember Mangini? Just watch First Things First (hardly ever do) but that dude was saying that since the TEAM hasn't had to play from behind, he can't say that they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. Doesn't the fact that they blow every other team out of the water LITERALLY mean that they're that much better than everyone else?

I was really hoping to start enjoying some of these sports talk shows now that the Niners are clearly the best team in the league, but all they seem to be are shows struggling to find reasons they aren't very good how does that make sense?

Okay. How dumb is that? How far behind will satisfy his logic? What if the Niners NEVER get behind leading up to the Super Bowl? Will there be an asterisk stating "because the 49ers never had to play from behind, they must share this Super Bowl win with their opponent." What a moron. I guess in a world of pros and cons you gotta have a con no matter how imbecilic.
Incredible the media excuses for the Eagles beat down. Eagles started their last 3 games on Nov 20th. Niners started their last 3 games on Nov 19th. One day difference lol

Eagles 3 games in 13days--19pts
Niners 3 games in 14days--42pts

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 9, 2023 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Incredible the media excuses for the Eagles beat down. Eagles started their last 3 games on Nov 20th. Niners started their last 3 games on Nov 19th. One day difference lol

I immediately looked at my calendar when they were saying this and I laughed because I saw the same thing. Now contrast that to our schedule:

at Jaguars Sun, Nov 12, 10:00 am W 34-3
Buccaneers Sun, Nov 19, 1:05 pm W 27-14
at Seahawks Thu, Nov 23, 5:20 pm W 31-13

3 games in 12 days all wins 2 road games and both road games against playoff teams. We made no excuses and our last game was off a short week. PHI had a whole damn week to prepare for us as is customary for most all NFL games. This week they are talking about DAL having the Thursday night game and PHI not having it as an excuse. There is no excuse. We are the most traveled team in the league this year and yet we are still persevering through

I don't want to hear all the "there was a lotta crying and boo booing and s***. Let's line that s*** up and do it all over again"
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 9, 2023 at 8:18 AM ]
Hey, anyone remember Mangini? Just watch First Things First (hardly ever do) but that dude was saying that since the TEAM hasn't had to play from behind, he can't say that they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. Doesn't the fact that they blow every other team out of the water LITERALLY mean that they're that much better than everyone else?

I was really hoping to start enjoying some of these sports talk shows now that the Niners are clearly the best team in the league, but all they seem to be are shows struggling to find reasons they aren't very good how does that make sense?

I've been watching First Things First and The Herd for years.

Mangini HAAATES our guts. Like he despises us. This isn't a new thing for just this season, either. When Lynch/Kyle started off in 2017, he was gleefully mocking our winless record.

The dude is still so butthurt over the fact that we fired him after 2015 for doing a horrible job. That's pretty much it.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Mangini HAAATES our guts. Like he despises us. This isn't a new thing for just this season, either. When Lynch/Kyle started off in 2017, he was gleefully mocking our winless record.

The dude is still so butthurt over the fact that we fired him after 2015 for doing a horrible job. That's pretty much it.
didn't hate us that much as he took a coaching position with us
You guys still posting Nick WRONG hot takes? He's an idiot just like Steven Ruiz. Don't listen to those fools.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

didn't hate us that much as he took a coaching position with us

Probably started his hayred when he got canned. Pretty sure that's the last coaching gig anyone will give him.

I've been watching a fair few clips from these shows in YouTube.

The logic seems to be the team or Purdy has to play s**t and fall into a hole before playing amazing to recover. It seems that playing amazing from the start and NOT falling into the hole is detrimental to being a good team or possible MVP.
[ Edited by Buchy on Dec 9, 2023 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:

The logic seems to be the team or Purdy has tonplaybs**t and fall into a hole before playing amazing to recover. It seems that playing amazing from the start and NOT falling into the hole is detrimental to being a good team or possible MVP.

I would rather Brock blow teams out then we can sit and rest our starters late fourth quarter instead of having him have to scrap and pull out nail biters all the doggone time
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

The logic seems to be the team or Purdy has tonplaybs**t and fall into a hole before playing amazing to recover. It seems that playing amazing from the start and NOT falling into the hole is detrimental to being a good team or possible MVP.

I would rather Brock blow teams out then we can sit and rest our starters late fourth quarter instead of having him have to scrap and pull out nail biters all the doggone time

Agree. I'll take the 1989 playoff 49ers approach.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

The media acted like Philly was practicing every day even when they had to fly, like Philly had absolutely no rest. And the 9ers with that extra day of rest slept for 24 hours.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Agree. I'll take the 1989 playoff 49ers approach.

the advantage of blowing teams out is that everyone takes less hits less bruised the next day itputs way less wear and tear and this is the absolute main reason we lost in 2021 we were so battered and bruised because every game was almost a playoff game and we were so injured by the time we played the Rams in NFCG
Share 49ersWebzone