LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 227 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Go cowboys!
Anyone know what the record is of opponent's the week after they played the… NIIIIIIIINNEEEEERRRSSS?!?!
Originally posted by 3rd-down-decoy:
Anyone know what the record is of opponent's the week after they played the… NIIIIIIIINNEEEEERRRSSS?!?!

Not positive, but it actually looks pretty good. Not like last season at all
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by 3rd-down-decoy:

Not positive, but it actually looks pretty good. Not like last season at all

Yeah, this year its more like season ending injuries.
If the Rams win this game against the Ravens, they're going to have a really good chance of making the playoffs. If the Eagles lose their next two games, there's a real possibility the last game of the season won't matter for the 49ers, so the Rams could win out after today. In that event, the Rams most likely go into the playoffs as the #6 team as long as Green Bay loses another game. If the Lions, Eagles and Cowboys all finish 13-4, the Lions actually end up with the #2 seed. In that event, it's Green Bay/LAR vs. Lions and Green Bay/LAR vs. Eagles and then Dallas vs. NFC South.

There's a real chance Detroit loses that first game. Their defense is horrible, that would mean Dallas would play Philly in the second round and the Niners play Green Bay/LAR. I would love to see that scenario overall -- Dallas and Philly beat each other up in the Divisional Round and we play them in the NFC Championship.
Perfect Weekend for the 49ers

We now have the #1 seed and tiebreakers over Cowboys and Eagles The Lions also lost to a conference opponent giving us another game buffer against them and unless we lose to two NFC opponents we will be above them as well.

The Cowboys play the Bills Miami and Lions and its hard to see them winning all 3 and the Eagles are now playing the Seahawks who are in a must win scenario
[ Edited by ritz126 on Dec 11, 2023 at 5:16 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:

We now have the #1 seed and tiebreakers over Cowboys and Eagles The Lions also lost to a conference opponent giving us another game buffer against them and unless we lose to two NFC opponents we will be above them as well.

The Cowboys play the Bills Miami and Lions and its hard to see them winning all 3 and the Eagles are now playing the Seahawks who are in a must win scenario

Praying for Dallas and Philly to lose this week
it was really hard to cheer to the cowgurl last night, i feel dirty
Hell. Yeah!!!
So the 49ers control their own destiny, having beaten....destroyed actually, both the Eagles and Cowboys, and the pretender Lions have 4 losses now.

But the Eagles have a cake schedule, and we have to face the Ravens. The Ravens game will basically be a playoff game for the 49ers, since it will probably determine who gets the bye. The Eagles have the Giants twice, and the Cardinals/Sehawks.

I can see the 'boys lose at Buffalo. Let's go Buffalo
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I can see the 'boys lose at Buffalo. Let's go Buffalo

Especially since it is at Buffalo. Weather seems will be fine but may be cold. The Cowboys are not the same when not playing in Dallas.
If 49ers lose to Ravens they might decide to rest players the last two games, assuming the Lions lost another game or two.
Originally posted by ritz126:

It really was. Looking for back-to-back immaculate weekends...

Sat 5:15 PM: Denver goes to Detroit and wins
Sun 1:05 PM: Niners blow out the Cards
Sun 1:25 PM: Dallas goes to Buffalo and falls flat
Mon 5:15 PM: Seattle wins the battle of two desperate featherless birds

1. Niners 11-3
2. Cowboys 10-4
3. Eagles 10-4
4. Lions 9-5

Entirely possible.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It really was. Looking for back-to-back immaculate weekends...

Sat 5:15 PM: Denver goes to Detroit and wins
Sun 1:05 PM: Niners blow out the Cards
Sun 1:25 PM: Dallas goes to Buffalo and falls flat
Mon 5:15 PM: Seattle wins the battle of two desperate featherless birds

1. Niners 11-3
2. Cowboys 10-4
3. Eagles 10-4
4. Lions 9-5

Entirely possible.

I think those really could happen. I hope so.
Share 49ersWebzone