LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 213 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Because it's difficult to get people to take up the job due to the hate and abuse they repeatedly cop every week.

On top of that, every game there are contentious calls, no calls, flags that could have been thrown or could have been let go etc.

The Chiefs/Bills play that wasn't is a perfect example of a ref being in a no win situation. He throws the flag and gets blasted for throwing it, he doesn't throw it and the Bills lose then it's all over social media within 20 minutes and he's blasted for missing it.

f**k the refs but f**k being one even more.

If you want to be loved just throw fewer flags and let the players mostly decide the game

Like fewer offensive holding calls???
Originally posted by Shorteous:

I'm an advocate of only calling penalties when it is clear and obvious and that it impacts the outcome of a play. I'm for letting the players play and limiting the laundry. I especially hate calls on third downs that extend drives
Ok...I went down a rabbit hole. ...but we MUST petition the NFL to let Frank Caliendo do color commentary for a Niner game. I mean...if he can do Mario Brothers...

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Just do AI voices of Summerall and Madden.

Dump live action commentators.
That's exactly what they need to do,plenty of others they could use aswell.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Shorteous:

I'm an advocate of only calling penalties when it is clear and obvious and that it impacts the outcome of a play. I'm for letting the players play and limiting the laundry. I especially hate calls on third downs that extend drives

That is moronic. The offensive offsides flag was thrown as soon as the ball was hiked. Perhaps the refs should have stopped the play like a false start. They aren't going to pick up the flag, because (not cause) of a good play. The offsides was clear and obvious.
[ Edited by EastBay on Dec 13, 2023 at 8:05 AM ]
I'd been concerned about whoever wins the South basically being so weak it screws us into almost certainly having to play both Dallas and Philly again, even if it is at home. But Detroit is now giving me a TON of hope. I don't care whether it's Seattle, LAR, Minnesota or GB, I think the Lions will get bounced in the 1st round and we'll get whoever it is that beats them. Glad they're returning to form. 😈
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I'd been concerned about whoever wins the South basically being so weak it screws us into almost certainly having to play both Dallas and Philly again, even if it is at home. But Detroit is now giving me a TON of hope. I don't care whether it's Seattle, LAR, Minnesota or GB, I think the Lions will get bounced in the 1st round and we'll get whoever it is that beats them. Glad they're returning to form. 😈
interesting year for playoffs. Almost every team in the NFC will have played a team they had played earlier in the season and will be their 2nd and possibly 3rd match up.

It's always tough to beat the same team twice. Going to be a good post season for the NFC

plan on playing both of them. im looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Mankster:
Ok...I went down a rabbit hole. ...but we MUST petition the NFL to let Frank Caliendo do color commentary for a Niner game. I mean...if he can do Mario Brothers...

As a fan of Pat, Madden and this game

If Dallas wants all the smoke, we'll just drop a 70 burger on em.

Let's go bills
lets go Seahawks
I'd been concerned about whoever wins the South basically being so weak it screws us into almost certainly having to play both Dallas and Philly again, even if it is at home. But Detroit is now giving me a TON of hope. I don't care whether it's Seattle, LAR, Minnesota or GB, I think the Lions will get bounced in the 1st round and we'll get whoever it is that beats them. Glad they're returning to form. ????

I agree it would kinda suck to have to beat both the cowboys and eagles again, but we would have the bye and home field advantage, which would be huge. Not to mention, we beat them by a combined score of 84-29. Not too worried about them. Definitely possible for the lions to get upset in the 1st round, and give us an easier path. Bums haven't won a playoff game since the early 90s and have certainly been regressing past few weeks.
Originally posted by Mankster:

Forgot about Frank Caliendo, what happened to him?
We want the Lions to take the #2 seed because I think they have the greatest chance of losing to the #7 seed based on the team. This would mean that cowboys and eagles would play each other before they would play us.

I think the seahawks Rams and Packers are the only team fighting for the #7 seed that has a snowballs chance in hell of winning a playoff game too.
Seattle never lost 4 in a row in the Pete C era. we gave them their first 0-4 losing streak

With that said, they never had a 0-5 losing streak either... this is good.. i hope
Share 49ersWebzone