There are 193 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All the 49ers need to do now is win two of the next three to insure we have home field advantage and the bye. It doesn't matter what Philly, Dallas or Detroit do. We control our destiny even if those teams win out.
Originally posted by domingo:
All the 49ers need to do now is win two of the next three to insure we have home field advantage and the bye. It doesn't matter what Philly, Dallas or Detroit do. We control our destiny even if those teams win out.

We should be able to do that. Very highly likely. I don't know what the analytics say? But I would say like 90% chance of that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Purdy and the MVP race is the only problem. He needs some more yards and touchdowns. Of course I would rather have the #1 seed and rest our players. But I would love to get both. I want people off Purdy's back. He deserves more credit than he gets.

i dont care about that and i don't think the team does either

we will sit our starters against Rams if we clinch I would think hell id just forfeit the game if that's an option. Going into the playoffs healthy with #1 seed should be the top priority. MVP also wont get people the respect he deserves if he hasn't gotten that yet only a Lombardi and another good season would at this point
[ Edited by ritz126 on Dec 18, 2023 at 8:55 PM ]
Thank you Seahawks !!!! (Never thought I would type this words ).
Eagles fans had a lot to say about our 3 game losing streak, now they have one of their own . They also lost to zack Wilson and now drew lock
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Eagles fans had a lot to say about our 3 game losing streak, now they have one of their own . They also lost to zack Wilson and now drew lock

Yeah I thought the sky is falling if you have a 3 game losing streak. Plus they figured out your QB. Your QB turned into a pumpkin. Those are the standards.
Rams and Seahawks can both make playoffs if they win out and the Vikings losing 1 or 2 games.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Rams and Seahawks can both make playoffs if they win out and the Vikings losing 1 or 2 games.

That reflects good on the Niners to win a division that sends 3 teams to the playoffs, and especially if Niners sweep said division. Not scurred at all of Rams or Seahawks….we have bigger fish to fry and I don't anticipate either team making it past the divisional round.
It's incredible how things have shifted. 3 weeks ago the Eagles looked like they had the 1st seed on lock. I really didn't see us shifting it, even if we played well. Now the tables have completely turned. Crazy.
Originally posted by joeknows:
It's incredible how things have shifted. 3 weeks ago the Eagles looked like they had the 1st seed on lock. I really didn't see us shifting it, even if we played well. Now the tables have completely turned. Crazy.

About time the Eagles luck ran out

Hell yeah!! Even if we lose a game, we can still get the bye. It would be great to win out to the last game , then sit everyone for 2 weeks to get everyone completely healthy.
[ Edited by Patton on Dec 19, 2023 at 3:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

That reflects good on the Niners to win a division that sends 3 teams to the playoffs, and especially if Niners sweep said division. Not scurred at all of Rams or Seahawks….we have bigger fish to fry and I don't anticipate either team making it past the divisional round.

Im scared of Rams

Stafford with Williams Kupp and Puka are capable of putting up a lot of points and even us playing at 90% of our potential and them playing at 100% could be a close game/loss with a fluke play
Originally posted by Patton:
Hell yeah!! Even if we lose a game, we can still get the bye. It would be great to win out to the last game , then sit everyone for 2 weeks to get everyone completely healthy.

we have to get a 2 game net on Lions Dallas and Philly to clinch bye

so they all have to lose 2 or 49ers win 1 and they all lose 1 or we just win 2 games
Just read that this 49ers team is number 3 all time dvoa. We've blown past the 1998 Steve Young team and the 85 Bears🥂. Need to enjoy what we are seeing. 🥂😳😳😳🔥🔥🔥
Lions can't match our division record *and* tie our overall record. if they win out they will match our current division record. In other words all three teams need to overtake our overall record to get the 1st seed.
Share 49ersWebzone