There are 198 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not a fan of sitting the starters in the last game even if the top seed is wrapped up. That ends up being a 2 week layoff and some teams or players don't respond well after a layoff like that. You don't want to go into the first playoff game rusty. The last game could be a good chance to rest some players that have minor injuries but not all the starters.
seacawks downed the beggles LMAO we got a 1 game cushion but lets still destroy the ravens
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm not a fan of sitting the starters in the last game even if the top seed is wrapped up. That ends up being a 2 week layoff and some teams or players don't respond well after a layoff like that. You don't want to go into the first playoff game rusty. The last game could be a good chance to rest some players that have minor injuries but not all the starters.

i think this is a bit overstated we came out to start the season strong and that was with Brock taking minimal offseason snaps

The tea will still practice and we will be ready. Health is the most important thing if we get the #1 seed

if the game is meaningless starters should get the first half at most
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

if the game is meaningless starters should get the first half at most

I'm thinking they'll get limited playing time, but I'm hoping we don't rest them completely.
Originally posted by ritz126:

i think this is a bit overstated we came out to start the season strong and that was with Brock taking minimal offseason snaps

The tea will still practice and we will be ready. Health is the most important thing if we get the #1 seed

Every year we hear that some team looked out of sink in the playoffs. They often say it was because of the layoff. If teams get a bye and win them it's because they're well rested. the fact is nobody knows how a team will be after a bye.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by joeknows:
It's incredible how things have shifted. 3 weeks ago the Eagles looked like they had the 1st seed on lock. I really didn't see us shifting it, even if we played well. Now the tables have completely turned. Crazy.

About time the Eagles luck ran out

There are still 3 games left. Let's hope the Ravens don't break us.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Health is definitely important if the #1 seed is locked up. But between health and the #1 seed, I think health is more important. What I mean by that -- is that *even if* we don't get the #1 seed - as long as the team is 100% as healthy as it can be - they can go into any opposing team's stadium and beat them.

Having said that, I want BOTH --> Heath *and* the #1 seed!
Im scared of Rams

Stafford with Williams Kupp and Puka are capable of putting up a lot of points and even us playing at 90% of our potential and them playing at 100% could be a close game/loss with a fluke play

Kyle isn't letting himself get beat by McVay again, lol….especially @ Levi's
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Im scared of Rams

Stafford with Williams Kupp and Puka are capable of putting up a lot of points and even us playing at 90% of our potential and them playing at 100% could be a close game/loss with a fluke play

Scared of Rams lol, what..
they have 2 receivers, we have a team
remember the start of the year we looked Rams roster up and down and said this team is rebuilding

Im scared of Rams

If a win eliminates the Rams and we already have the number 1 seed, I could totally see us playing starters to knock them out.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Rams and Seahawks can both make playoffs if they win out and the Vikings losing 1 or 2 games.

That reflects good on the Niners to win a division that sends 3 teams to the playoffs, and especially if Niners sweep said division. Not scurred at all of Rams or Seahawks….we have bigger fish to fry and I don't anticipate either team making it past the divisional round.

If we can't beat the Seahawks or Rams at home in the Divisional round then we don't deserve the ring. It's that simple.

If the Rams or Seahawks win the wild card round against another team, that just means they're knocking out the Lions/Eagles/Cowboys for us. Who should be just as much of a threat to us as the Rams/Seahawks.

This is why the 1 seed is so critical. You want the good teams to beat each other for you. Big reason the Eagles got a cakewalk to the Super Bowl last year (well that and… you know).
playoff machine update 12.26

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
playoff machine update 12.26

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA

Wishful thinking. LA will beat us in the WC
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Im scared of Rams

If a win eliminates the Rams and we already have the number 1 seed, I could totally see us playing starters to knock them out.

Nope. Kyle doesn't have the mental IQ to think this through. He'll just let the Rams cruise to the Divisional and knock the Niners out
Share 49ersWebzone