There are 183 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DrEll:
Wishful thinking. LA will beat us in the WC

you really have LA handing it to us in back to back weeks, both in SF?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
playoff machine update 12.26

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA

So are you just going to post this in every thread or what?

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA

I can get behind this.
Originally posted by BYisGod:

if that plays out this zone would meltdown completely, it would be straight up disaster
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

if that plays out this zone would meltdown completely, it would be straight up disaster

Shouldn't there be a meltdown though ? If Shanahan fails to win number 6 with this loaded roster (the most loaded roster in the league and the most loaded Niners roster since 1994), then what's next ? Wait for next year because another year of the same will be different ?

I know a lot of young fans that grew up after the dynasty years feel that the current run has been fun, and are looking forward to a lot of the same. But this is a storied franchise. We're built to win NOW, and by now I mean we should have had at least 2 rings since 2019 (KC has 2).

Kyle is failing us miserably and we're just putting smiles on our faces because he's a regular season champ

Shouldn't there be a meltdown though ? If Shanahan fails to win number 6 with this loaded roster (the most loaded roster in the league and the most loaded Niners roster since 1994), then what's next ? Wait for next year because another year of the same will be different ?

I know a lot of young fans that grew up after the dynasty years feel that the current run has been fun, and are looking forward to a lot of the same. But this is a storied franchise. We're built to win NOW, and by now I mean we should have had at least 2 rings since 2019 (KC has 2).

Kyle is failing us miserably and we're just putting smiles on our faces because he's a regular season champ

Yes, if that happens, I don't think that's gonna happen tho. Recall what we did vs LAR, DAL, and PHI. We already beat all those guys H2H. In the case of PHI and DAL those were blowouts.

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA

I don't get the point of being so negative. We're 11-4 with the #1 seed still in hand. I see no purpose that being negative right now serves
Originally posted by Silky:

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA

I don't get the point of being so negative. We're 11-4 with the #1 seed still in hand. I see no purpose that being negative right now serves

allow me to introduce you to the DrEll, he has one prognosis, and that is negative..
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:

1 SF
2 PHI
3 DET
4 TB
5 DAL
6 LAR
7 SEA

1 BAL
2 MIA
3 KC
4 IND
5 CLE
6 BUF
7 CIN

div round

LAR at SF
DAL at PHI

CLE at BAL
KC at MIA

Champ game

MIA at BAL
DAL at SF

SB

SF over MIA

We got ASS RAPED by Baltimore, a LEGIT Super Bowl contender. What's there to be positive about ?
We got ASS RAPED by Baltimore, a LEGIT Super Bowl contender. What's there to be positive about ?

We are still a legit SB contender too?
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 27, 2023 at 9:11 AM ]

Does anybody know how many tie breakers the Rams own vs the other possible playoff contenders? Let's say the Rams beat the Giants and lose to us and finish 9-8. There are like 6 other NFC teams that are in contention to finish 9-8 or 8-9. Now I know they own the tie breaker vs the Seahawks. But what about the Vikings/Packers, Bucs/Saints/Falcons?? If Vikings beat the Packers this week and Niners, Eagles win, And Lions lose to the Cowboys the Lions may just rest all their starters last week vs the Vikings because I think they would be locked into the 3rd seed. So I am curious if the Rams win the tie breaker is they end up tied with the Vikings.

We are the # 1 seed. Quit being a fan, now, please. It will be better for everyone to not have to read this garbage.

Kyle built this roster, if it wasn't for him deciding to come here, we'd have hired and fired josh mcdaniels or some other fool by now. He's the best thing that's happened to this franchise in a long time and the Yorks know it, everyone knows it. Other teams and fans would covet him as a coach. enjoy the ride, we're just getting started.

Counting the Falcons Kyle has a career 8(9)-4 record in the postseason. Hardly just a regular season champ). But I guess if you don't win the SB you are considered a horrible coach. Not many can say they have been to 3 conference championship and 1 SB in 3 of the last 4 years. And looking very possibly it could be 3 straight conference championships and 4 of the last 5 years. And he has done it without having an elite QB. A pretty good QB in Brock but as of right now not elite.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Dec 27, 2023 at 10:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone