2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hello49:
uh?Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Despite all my researching and hypothesizing, I still can't ascertain whether a Dallas or Seattle loss is better for SF.

In terms of division, of course, Seattle. But depending on how things shake out in the subsequent games, it feels impossible to know which is more advantageous for our beloved Niners.

Seattle loss.

They are in our division. No need to research. The level of importance is division and then work your way up.

the level of importance is seeding. The higher the seed the better.

if on any given Sunday any team can beat any team then we want to minimize the amount of Sunday/Saturday we play.
We needed a seattle win

How so? Even if Dallas wins their division, they're more than likely not going to have a better record than us, and we hold the head to head tie breaker.
seattle aint winning the div

But for me It's more of Dallas being on the verge of losing two in a row as they play philly next. Need some desperation and hopefully pull out a win vs Philly. With the dallas win now, that game doesn't matter anymore

I am hopeful they would help us land the #1 if we can win this weekend

huh? Dallas has all the motivation to beat Philly, especially since Dallas won last night. Because if we beat Philly, then Dallas will only be 1 game behind Philly in their division when they play them in Dallas the following week.
motivation will pend on our game
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Seattle was already 2 games behind the Niners (3 in the division losses). It would have been better for Dallas to lose but they can still help the Niners with a win over the Eagles.

no

Division leader> record. so as long as Eagles win the division the Cowboys will not have a better seed than us.

This gives us another game over the seahawks for the division lead AND puts Dallas one game closer to the eagles. If we beat the Eagles AND if cowboys beat eagles in Dallas we would have #1 seed
Originally posted by hello49:
uh?Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Despite all my researching and hypothesizing, I still can't ascertain whether a Dallas or Seattle loss is better for SF.

In terms of division, of course, Seattle. But depending on how things shake out in the subsequent games, it feels impossible to know which is more advantageous for our beloved Niners.

Seattle loss.

They are in our division. No need to research. The level of importance is division and then work your way up.

the level of importance is seeding. The higher the seed the better.

if on any given Sunday any team can beat any team then we want to minimize the amount of Sunday/Saturday we play.
We needed a seattle win

How so? Even if Dallas wins their division, they're more than likely not going to have a better record than us, and we hold the head to head tie breaker.
seattle aint winning the div

But for me It's more of Dallas being on the verge of losing two in a row as they play philly next. Need some desperation and hopefully pull out a win vs Philly. With the dallas win now, that game doesn't matter anymore

I am hopeful they would help us land the #1 if we can win this weekend

huh? Dallas has all the motivation to beat Philly, especially since Dallas won last night. Because if we beat Philly, then Dallas will only be 1 game behind Philly in their division when they play them in Dallas the following week.
motivation will pend on our game

it doesnt matter honestly

Dallas v Philly doesn't need desperation or motivation they always play hard
Originally posted by ritz126:
it doesnt matter honestly

Dallas v Philly doesn't need desperation or motivation they always play hard

Agreed. And there isn't a more motivating factor than the winner of the game tying or taking the lead in the division.
Hmmm... We haven't clinched the division, but honestly... I'd be shocked if we didn't win the NFC West crown. My eyes are on that #1 seed.

We possibly can win out (Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens, Commanders, Rams)--- Ravens is the tough game, but you never know how it will go with three divisional games left on our schedule. I'm optimistic though. Shanahan teams typically finish the season extremely strong.

Eagles play Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants (twice), and Cardinals.
Of course, while I would root for upsets from the weaker teams, I'm not expecting it. I'm particularly keeping an eye on the Eagles' games with the Cowboys and Seahawks... If they can lose to one of those teams and we win out, the #1 seed can hopefully be ours.

Cowboys play Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Lions, Commanders.
I'd be shocked if the Cowboys win at least three games. Their schedule is pretty daunting.

Lions play Bears, Broncos, Vikings (twice), Cowboys
Meanwhile, feels like the Lions have the easiest remaining schedule. I don't think anyone realizes that the Lions could very well end up as the #1 or #2 seed, depending on how we and the Eagles finish.
Getting that bye week would be nice. But after last nights performance I have 100% confidence we can go anywhere and win.
So essentially with the 49ers beating the Eagles we have the tie-breaker so we are 1 game off the #1 seed

The Cowboys play the Eagles at home next week; honestly, its their best chance to lose. I don't see them losing to Giants or Cardinals. For the seahawks i would give a slight chance to but wouldn't count on it.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Getting that bye week would be nice. But after last nights performance I have 100% confidence we can go anywhere and win.

Having a week off is huge. With that, we'd be essentially be a lock to go to the SB.

Agree
Getting a few days or a week off makes this team even better. I hope we can get the bye

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The Eagles could very well slip to the 3rd or 4th seed if they lose next weekend. Also I don't see Philly losing to Seattle, DK will beat up that secondary but in the end, Geno Smith will choke.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 4, 2023 at 6:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The Eagles could very well slip to the 3rd or 4th seed if they lose next weekend. Also I don't see Philly losing to Seattle, DK will beat up that secondary but in the end, Geno Smith will choke.

Although technically true that would not hold because the Cowboys played 1 more conference game than the Eagles ( and had 1 more loss)

so if Dallas beats eagles and they both win out Eagles would end up with the #2 seed
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If they lose to Dallas, and Dallas leads that division Philly drops to the 5 seed. I think Dallas wins that and we win out for the #1 seed. But Dallas has a much harder schedule than Philly, so I'm not sure they'll win that division in the end. I think Philly will slip to the 3 seed, with Niners at 1 and Detroit at 2.
PLAYOFF MACHINE fired up and spitting results

AFC

1 MIA
2 KC
3 BAL
4 JAX
5 CLE
6 IND
7 HOU

NFC

1 SF
2 PHI