There are 189 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
We're getting the #1 seed but I'm still not sure I like that. It all but guarantees we play both Dallas and Philly again. I k ow we can handle it, but it's undoubtedly the most difficult road to Vegas.

Lions losing a big game is always on the table
We're getting the #1 seed but I'm still not sure I like that. It all but guarantees we play both Dallas and Philly again. I k ow we can handle it, but it's undoubtedly the most difficult road to Vegas.

Come on. That's crazy talk. 1 week off, rest, heal injuries, be more fresh and healthy, homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. That's always most valuable. There is no exception to that. That's always what you want. Including this year.

That's interesting to think about.
Only considering the Cowboys winning on Sunday, correct me if I'm wrong, bit seeding next week would something like?:
1-49ers
2-Cowboys
3-Lions
4-Falcons
5-Eagles
6-Vikings
7-Packers

Divisional Round we'd play the weakest remaining seed between 4-7? We don't play seeds 2 or 3, right?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Come on. That's crazy talk. 1 week off, rest, heal injuries, be more fresh and healthy, homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. That's always most valuable. There is no exception to that. That's always what you want. Including this year.

Given the beatdowns we've given both, I honestly fear no team in the NFC.
At all. Especially on our home turf, in a cold weather game.

To me, eliminating both Dallas and Philadelphia in the same playoff run is just so satisfying. Not sure which AFC team I'd want to destroy the most. Maybe Mahomes/Chiefs for revenge? Maybe the Dolphins, because that'd be a fun match-up?
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Only considering the Cowboys winning on Sunday, correct me if I'm wrong, bit seeding next week would something like?:
1-49ers
2-Cowboys
3-Lions
4-Falcons
5-Eagles
6-Vikings
7-Packers

Divisional Round we'd play the weakest remaining seed between 4-7? We don't play seeds 2 or 3, right?

The first game should be the weakest remaining seed. The 2nd game is whoever is left between Dallas and Philadelphia for the NFC Championship game (likely).

To me, eliminating both Dallas and Philadelphia in the same playoff run is just so satisfying. Not sure which AFC team I'd want to destroy the most. Maybe Mahomes/Chiefs for revenge? Maybe the Dolphins, because that'd be a fun match-up?

Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens (or Chiefs)

It is written.

I don't want the Chiefs at all. They Dolphins are scary with Tyreek. We have seen him get behind our defense. The Ravens have Lamar and running QB's cause big problems for this defense. Those are the biggest problems.
I don't want the Chiefs at all. They Dolphins are scary with Tyreek. We have seen him get behind our defense. The Ravens have Lamar and running QB's cause big problems for this defense. Those are the biggest problems.

Lol, we're probably going to face a team that does some things well in the Super Bowl.

1-49ers
2-Cowboys
3-Lions
4-Falcons
5-Eagles
6-Vikings
7-Packers

Close. Eagles still hold the tie-breaker in their division race and would therefore be the #2 and the Pokes would be the #5.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Lol, we're probably going to face a team that does some things well in the Super Bowl.

Yeah but you want the easiest road. Not Mahomes. That's for sure. I've seen that show before.

Yeah but you want the easiest road. Not Mahomes. That's for sure. I've seen that show before.

givn our secondary i want to face Patrick mahomes and the chiefs the most we have a great DL to make him pay for holding onto the ball and we can shut down their WRs

their D is elite though
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

1-49ers
2-Cowboys
3-Lions
4-Falcons
5-Eagles
6-Vikings
7-Packers

The first game should be the weakest remaining seed. The 2nd game is whoever is left between Dallas and Philadelphia for the NFC Championship game (likely).

No. The first game in that scenario would be Philly most likely and the NFCC would be winner of Dallas v Detroit. It's the cost of getting the bye. Do you go BYE-Dallas-Philly or Packers-Lions-Philly(away) or Dallas(home) in the NFCC game. The easier road is clearly as the number 2 seed, but you risk having to go to Philly again in January instead of playing at home as the number 1 seed. And secondly, would you rather play Dallas at home in the Divisional (1 game) OR Packers then Detroit at home (2 games)…
2 NFC playoff games is always better than 3 games, no matter the opponent, IMO.
Originally posted by DrEll:

1-49ers
2-Cowboys
3-Lions
4-Falcons
5-Eagles
6-Vikings
7-Packers

No. The first game in that scenario would be Philly most likely and the NFCC would be winner of Dallas v Detroit. It's the cost of getting the bye. Do you go BYE-Dallas-Philly or Packers-Lions-Philly(away) or Dallas(home) in the NFCC game. The easier road is clearly as the number 2 seed, but you risk having to go to Philly again in January instead of playing at home as the number 1 seed. And secondly, would you rather play Dallas at home in the Divisional (1 game) OR Packers then Detroit at home (2 games)…

im taking the bye every time i don't care about the road to SB. Getting an extra week of rest is huge getting extra days to prep is huge

Not to mention anything can happen on the football field we may get unlucky with bounces etc where we can lose a game.

Also another game means another chance of injury

You afraid of the Chiefs? You act like Jimmy G is still the QB
Share 49ersWebzone